***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

CyDawg23

Nov 13, 2017
It was really cool to see David right there with PSU fans in support of Brooks. Strong Christ following. And never a doubt David was staying with ISU.

Stay united, get stronger for 2025.
Wonder if Brooks was secretly rooting for DC over his own teammate…

• Funny
Reactions: TheCampanile

CloneMalone

Mar 14, 2024
If Batista was healthy would we have gotten 2nd?
yeah, if Bastida wins that quarterfinal match he gets 7 more points..and Davidson doesn’t get to the finals. That was the difference in our tournament. But I am pumped for the future, is everyone returning next year except for Will and David?

Reactions: mj4cy and wxman1

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Wonder if Brooks was secretly rooting for DC over his own teammate…
I was wondering that as well.

DC seemed very close to the Brooks family.

Also, that single leg by Brooks was incredible.

Such an amazing feat of strength and determination.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
yeah, if Bastida wins that quarterfinal match he gets 7 more points..and Davidson doesn’t get to the finals. That was the difference in our tournament. But I am pumped for the future, is everyone returning next year except for Will and David?
So what you're saying is we were 15 seconds away from finishing 2nd...sigh...

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
So what you're saying is we were 15 seconds away from finishing 2nd...sigh...
3... Three seconds.

Or 18 inches of mat.

Or 1 knuckle.

And that's just one wrestler.

I think Chittum, Swid, and Gaitan each had some opportunities as well.

Sooooo close to breaking through and next year looks even better.

Last edited:

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
3... Three seconds.

Or 18 inches of mat.

Or 1 knuckle.

And that's just one wrestler.

I think Chittum, Swid, and Gaitan each had some opportunities as well.

Sooooo close to breaking through and next year looks even better.
Where do we make up DC's 20? Group effort from the 3 listed?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclone06 and jdubs

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Finally watching the match. Penn State coaches calling for stalling repeatedly while David is doing mat returns likely influenced the refs to call so many asinine stalling calls during the match. Calling stalling on David for being pushed out of bounds as he came out of an escape at the edge of the mat is ridiculous. Nobody that isn't wrestling a Penn State wrestler gets called for that. Then the cherry on top. He gets a stalling call for going forward into a shot that results in a takedown. What. In. The. Actual. ****. The refs absolutely tried to steal this from David. If this was heavily bet on, there might be an investigation. I was very impressed with Mesenbrink's talent. He's not 1 point shy of DC yet, but a very solid freshman that will be trouble for the next 3 years. DC should've won by 3-4 points. The announcers were weird AF. David was clearly the better wrestler.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
That color commentary was some of the most unprofessional crap ever. We get it, all you guys know is Penn State, but all they could talk about was how great Messenbrink was the entire match and basically trying to will him to victory despite Carr getting the first two takedowns. This isn’t some random dude either, it’s a former champion, returning finalist and 4x Big 12 champion. Accolades can keep going. That was horrendous.

Great job DC!!
It feels like you don’t have a clue who the commentators are and how much respect they have for David Carr… I had to reward the match and listen to see if I missed something but that commentary was very fair and just wrestling talk. They did fine and weren’t wrong that Mitchell was trying to push the pace and David needed to be careful with his actions. DC also brought up the bogus stall calls and how David would have a scoring gap without those.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
It feels like you don’t have a clue who the commentators are and how much respect they have for David Carr… I had to reward the match and listen to see if I missed something but that commentary was very fair and just wrestling talk. They did fine and weren’t wrong that Mitchell was trying to push the pace and David needed to be careful with his actions. DC also brought up the bogus stall calls and how David would have a scoring gap without those.
This is an outlier opinion.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What was up with the Penn St. kid doing the finger wag at Carr towards the end of the 2nd period? I don't know anything about wrestling, but that kid seemed like a lil' b!tch.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah I am going to say based on the reactions to my post compared to yours, I do think I know. And I know exactly who was calling the matches tonight. I’ve followed wrestling and the MMA world for 25 years.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron