***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
DC is terrible with his stream of consciousness.

That said, I didn’t think they were disrespectul to Carr at all.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I saw a woman at the social last night leave pretty upset when Chittum finished his talk. I didn’t see the front of her shirt but it was faded black with yellow trim on the sleeves and neck. Was there a woman with a hawkeye shirt on at the social?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I saw a woman at the social last night leave pretty upset when Chittum finished his talk. I didn’t see the front of her shirt but it was faded black with yellow trim on the sleeves and neck. Was there a woman with a hawkeye shirt on at the social?
What did Chittum all say?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Why didn't Carr get choice of position when Mesenbrink took a timeout at :44 seconds in the 2nd period? He clearly stopped the action. Both DC and JB thought he should have gotten choice.
I was saying the same thing when that happened. You can’t call for your own injury time and David not get choice. The refs missed on that as well!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Cormier is a ****** announcer for wrestling. Period. End of story. He's only there because ESPN has a stake in UFC.

Couzens tries, but he's basically playing the role of traffic cop when Cormier and Burroughs get sidetracked.

Burroughs would be better without the distraction of Cormier, but he's got his own stuff to work on.

Rock Harrison, for a "rules analyst", likes to yell a whole lot instead of just providing solid rules interpretations.

Sparks should stay buried on Matcast.

Robles could be better with a better pairing.

Shawn Kenney should have the #1 seat, hands down.

Even though I don't care much for Tim Johnson, a Kenney/Johnson combo would be LIGHT YEARS ahead of the dreck we had to suffer through on the linear broadcasts.

Bottom line: There are too many high-energy screamers and not enough actual PXP/analysis.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Cormier is a ****** announcer for wrestling. Period. End of story. He's only there because ESPN has a stake in UFC.

Couzens tries, but he's basically playing the role of traffic cop when Cormier and Burroughs get sidetracked.

Burroughs would be better without the distraction of Cormier, but he's got his own stuff to work on.

Rock Harrison, for a "rules analyst", likes to yell a whole lot instead of just providing solid rules interpretations.

Even though I don't care much for Tim Johnson, a Kenney/Johnson combo would be LIGHT YEARS ahead of the dreck we had to suffer through on the linear broadcasts.

Bottom line: There are too many high-energy screamers and not enough actual PXP/analysis.
I’ve always been a huge fan of JB, give me him over TJ any day of the week. Jordan knows a lot of these kids personally and has been with them out at the OTC. Tim is past his prime and reminds me a little of Lou Holtz. I also actually enjoy Rock but that’s my personal preference

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I’ve always been a huge fan of JB, give me him over TJ any day of the week. Jordan knows a lot of these kids personally and has been with them out at the OTC. Tim is past his prime and reminds me a little of Lou Holtz. I also actually enjoy Rock but that’s my personal preference
JB has said multiple times David will win world medals. JBs way of wrestling heavily influences David’s. Jordan would probably take a bullet for David

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

I like Sparks because wrestling needs an over the top cheerleader but the rest of this is dead on.

Shawn's a great dude and a real professional. Give him the big chair.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
JB has said multiple times David will win world medals. JBs way of wrestling heavily influences David’s. Jordan would probably take a bullet for David
Why I pointed out that one guy had no idea what he was talking about when he said all they knew about was Penn State and the most disrespectful commentating during his match. David and JB are very very close and JB would do a lot of things for David.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
It feels like you don’t have a clue who the commentators are and how much respect they have for David Carr… I had to reward the match and listen to see if I missed something but that commentary was very fair and just wrestling talk. They did fine and weren’t wrong that Mitchell was trying to push the pace and David needed to be careful with his actions. DC also brought up the bogus stall calls and how David would have a scoring gap without those.
I didn't know who the commentators were but for every time they mentioned Carr's name they mentioned Messingbrink 10. He sounded more like a PSU announcer than a neutral one.