Charlotte Transfer Dishon Jackson commits to the Cyclones!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Let's just say, mid major fans are not happy with NIL and transfers. They don't seem to be mad at the players themselves as much as the whole system.

View attachment 126312
Have to admit, being a mid major fan would pretty much blow now. Already had to deal with any successful coach moving up, and now it's any successful player.

Reactions: conmebol

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
If you think about it from a "replacement" persective...

-JT Rock will replace Ward as the "rim protector"
-Dishon will replace Tre as the "athletic big"
-Now we just need Big Rob Energy replacement. A hard working big man who will dive on the ground and fight for everything. Somebody with the blue collar energy that BRE has embodied.
Omaha showed flashes in KC.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Are we sure that JT rock will be ready next year? I have seen a lot of people pencil him in next year but I always felt that 7 footers need time to develop. Has the staff said something about him being ready for next year? Next year will technically be his freshman year so I just don’t know if I expect him to have so many minutes. I would be excited if he is but I am also cautious expecting him to have big minutes.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I was wondering if he could suit up against Illinois!

I've only watched a couple short highlight videos but Dishon's game looks like exactly what we need. Not as much bounce as Hason but he's huge, rebounds and protects the rim, and can score a little. Great pickup! If he can make that 15-footer in the Big 12, we will be a serious problem next year.
I will not have a problem with it! :)

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Are we sure that JT rock will be ready next year? I have seen a lot of people pencil him in next year but I always felt that 7 footers need time to develop. Has the staff said something about him being ready for next year? Next year will technically be his freshman year so I just don’t know if I expect him to have so many minutes. I would be excited if he is but I am also cautious expecting him to have big minutes.

Glad he's here this year for development, but I am not expecting much from him next year.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
No - nobody is sure that JT will be ready (except TJ and KG). My expectation is 5-10 minutes per game - kind of somewhere between Pav and Watson this year. I also expect that they'll go get another 4/5 in the transfer portal

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So this guy rebounds
His rebounding rates (which depends a lot on scheme anyway) is slightly below BRE/Ward on offensive rebounds and slightly higher on defensive rebounds. I'd expect him to be a lot like those two on the boards - especially since we scheme rebounding so the guards get a lot of them

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Videos!

From the highlight tapes - on the eye test his skill set looks like a taller Tre King more than a BRE or Ward. There were several times where he was the dribble handoff / screener at the top of the key and then took the ball to the rim with 2 dribbles. And several very nice backdoor passes out of the dribble handoff look.

He has a lot of "true" low post finishes, just back his guy down and finishing off the glass. While there were dunks when he was wide open, he seems to prefer layups more often

The 1st video was interesting. I think this one was the first highlight vid I've seen where the player misses a few shots! :D