WBB: 2023-24 Former Cyclones Now at Other Schools Tracker

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
There is a similar "tracking" thread for MBB transfers and I saw a list @iccyfan had in a post in another thread and think it was enough for it's own thread. Here's iccyfan's list:
  • Morgan Kane and Madison Frederick at Nova Southeastern
  • Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw at Montana
  • Kylie Feuerbach at Iowa
  • Aubrey Joens at Oklahoma
  • Lexi Donarski at UNC
  • Denae Fritz at Baylor
  • Maggie Vick at Pepperdine
This isn't a thread to diss the transfers or speculate on why they left, plenty of that in the individual transfer threads for each player. If you have no interest in them, fine, just don't spam the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP4CY and ICCYFAN

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Lexi is one of six 5 Star recruits on the UNC squad. Has ISU totaled that many five star recruits in women's program history? In her first game for UNC, Lexi started and played 19 minutes in a 102 - 49 W over Gardner Webb, chipping in 14 points and 2 assists. UNC had six players in double figures.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
There is a similar "tracking" thread for MBB transfers and I saw a list @iccyfan had in a post in another thread and think it was enough for it's own thread. Here's iccyfan's list:
  • Morgan Kane and Madison Frederick at Nova Southeastern
  • Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw at Montana
  • Kylie Feuerbach at Iowa
  • Aubrey Joens at Oklahoma
  • Lexi Donarski at UNC
  • Denae Fritz at Baylor.
This isn't a thread to diss the transfers or speculate on why they left, plenty of that in the individual transfer threads for each player. If you have no interest in them, fine, just don't spam the thread.
Don't forget Maggie Vick at Pepperdine.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Don't forget Maggie Vick at Pepperdine.
Maggie had 8 points and 5 boards in 26 minutes off the bench in Pepperdine’s win over UC Irvine Tuesday.

An interesting side note, the team’s head coach resigned in August before coaching his first game due to family reasons.

Okoboji native and former Drake player Kelsey Keizer was elevated to interim head coach. Keizer has spent the last nine years as head coach of Division II Southwest Baptist in Bolivar, MO. With her move to head coach she brought in former Drake teammate Monique Jones as an assistant coach.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone and NWICY

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Maggie had 8 points and 5 boards in 26 minutes off the bench in Pepperdine’s win over UC Irvine Tuesday.

Okoboji native and former Drake player Kelsey Keizer was elevated to interim head coach.
Wasting time before dinner, I pulled up the Pepperdine / Cal Irvine WBB game replay on ESPN+. The Anteaters are defending West Coast Conference champs and jumped out to leads of 12-0 and 17-2. Maggie Vick, now with black hair, was first sub off the bench, and a steadying influence. She made 4 of 5 shots as Pepperdine came back to win. It’s good to see her having success!

In other news, Pepperdine coach Kelsey Keizer is pleasant to watch as she patrols the sideline!

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
If there are any hardcore Maddie Fred and / or Morgan Kane fans out there, it appears you can stream the Nova Southeastern WBB games here:

Go Sharks! Even the grumpy people on this site who don't care (after the player has left ISU) must have a soft spot for Morg & Fred!!!

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
If there are any hardcore Maddie Fred and / or Morgan Kane fans out there, it appears you can stream the Nova Southeastern WBB games here:

Go Sharks! Even the grumpy people on this site who don't care (after the player has left ISU) must have a soft spot for Morg & Fred!!!
I'm one of the "grumpy people" if the former Clone I rooted for ends up playing for a team in our conference or becomes a filthy Hok. So, when it comes to Kylie, Aubrey & Denae...while I hope they complete their educations and have a great & successful life outside of basketball (which are obviously more important things than sports), I wouldn't tear up if their athletic careers went down in smoke.

BUT the others are another story. I was definitely going to keep an eye on Montana, Pepperdine & probably UNC, though I never imagined ever seeing any Nova Southeastern ball, so thanks for the link!

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I only have issues with those who transfer to a team we have on our schedule. For them I hope they spend a lot of time on the bench.
Except Aubrey but only because I liked watching her get schooled by Ashley last year and hopefully Kelsey this year. 4 points in 41 minutes across 3 games against us last year.

CloneSt8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2011
Fritz had 2 points tonight in Baylor's win over Utah. Spent the entire second half polishing the bench. Sad to see someone who would start for the Cyclones transfer then not play.

As an aside, Utah has a center, Pili, who physically reminds me of Crooks. Only 6'-2" but had 22 points (9 of 11) all in the second half. Smooth player like Crooks but 22 years old.

Reactions: riceville98

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Nova Southeastern begins its season with two home losses in a tournament. Maddie Fred is in the starting lineup but no Morgan Kane sightings.

Morgan is still on the roster, so I'm guessing she's fighting injuries. She's hard-working, reliable, talented, and tall, so there's absolutely no reason for her not to start, let alone play,