Toby Keith dies at 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The feud with Keith ended abruptly in 2003, and it was actually Toby Keith who ended it. Allegedly, that August, a member of Keith’s band lost their 2-year-old daughter to cancer. Keith learned about it and it made him reconsider what he was doing.

“A few days after I found she didn’t have long to live,” he told Contact Music in 2003, “I saw a picture on the cover of Country Weekly with a picture of me and Natalie and it said, ‘Fight to the Death’ or something. It seemed so insignificant. I said, ‘Enough is enough.'”

At the time, Keith was adamant that he didn’t start the feud. “People try to make everything black and white,” he told Contact. “I didn’t start this battle. They started it with me; they came out and just tore me up. One thing I’ve never, ever done, out of jealousy or anything else, is to bash another artist and their artistic license.”

It went both ways, pretty hard to give one side a pass while the other not. It was 20 years ago, and lasted about a year. Get over it! JFC is right!

Dont think the Dixie Chicks or whatever they want to be called now, are innocent in it.

How about we just stop pissing on a mans grave. I am sure you have not been perfect your entire life and would not want people bringing up every bad decision you made or decisions they didnt agree with in life as an excuse to celebrate your death.

Great reference there. I never will understand why some folks here can be so toxic and essentially be glad that someone died because they didn't like them. We all have loved ones and I don't think any of us would like it if some stranger were to sound like they were happy they passed because they didn't like them. To feel anger and hatred towards someone because of their politics is just a lame and petty excuse to hate someone.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This has gone down a stupid path, but Maines threw the first punch and Keith overreacted. They went at each other until 2003. Let's not pretend there was an innocent party in this because there wasn't. Now, move the **** on.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't think he pocketed any money from 9/11, he supported the troops in numerous ways.
I think that Angry American song was less of a genuine statement and more of a cash grab.

Just my opinion, and it doesn't mean I think he was a bad person overall. Just something that's kind of crummy.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
Although my username might suggest otherwise, I’m not a big country music fan. Anyway, a friend of mine in Chicago asked me to come visit and go to a Toby Keith concert. I had just got out of a 5 year relationship and was looking for anything fun to do. Long story short, we met several great ladies, had an amazing time at the concert and bars afterwards. Stayed with ladies until the sun came up. On the way home my friend had to pee so bad he pissed in his boot in the cab ride home. Still not a country music fan but always enjoyed Toby Keith and those memories after that. RIP and thanks for the great memories.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Sorry can’t talk about racism in this thread anymore!
Whatever. If you're citing that song as an example of him being a racist who deserves cancer, I don't even know what to say. You're (well, I'm sure someone else came up with this first) absolutely inventing something out of thin air. This is a far cry from Jason Aldean's video.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I figured out he’s talking about Beer For My Horses. I’ve never taken that song that way. F*cking Willie Nelson sang on it. He probably thinks Willie’s a racist too (which could not be further from reality).
Right. It's completely unfair and unwarranted to make such an accusation toward someone who, in his 62 years on this planet, has never shown to be that kind of person.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Right. It's completely unfair and unwarranted to make such an accusation toward someone who, in his 62 years on this planet, has never shown to be that kind of person.
But the song mentions lynching bad guys in the old west. It must obviously be about celebrating the unwarranted lynching of African Americans. There's no other explanation. Toby Keith is in support of extra judicially murdering black people without cause.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
But the song mentions lynching bad guys in the old west. It must obviously be about celebrating the unwarranted lynching of African Americans. There's no other explanation. Toby Keith is in support of extra judicially murdering black people without cause.
He doesn't even say lynching, though. "Hang them high in street..." is the lyric. Hanging people is a human event that's taken place far before anyone other than Native Americans roamed this country. It's a bad take. No two ways about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.