*** WBB: (4) Iowa State vs (2) Texas - Tues., 8:00 ***

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Easy to complain about the refs but we have 20 turnovers (Emily Ryan has 9). Hard to shoot 47% from the field and 50% from 3 and be down by 17 while scoring 44 points.

That said, Booker is damn good.
You're right, it is easy to complain about the refs when they suck this bad. Just coincidentally might have something to do with some of our bad play. If this is the way basketball is supposed to be played, then Texas deserves the win, but the officials do not deserve their check.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS. We can play bad AND the officials can suck at the same time. These are not mutually exclusive occurrences.

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
I think the really sad part is that Texas is really talented and doesn't need to be doing the garbage they are doing.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
You're right, it is easy to complain about the refs when they suck this bad. Just coincidentally might have something to do with some of our bad play. If this is the way basketball is supposed to be played, then Texas deserves the win, but the officials do not deserve their check.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS. We can play bad AND the officials can suck at the same time. These are not mutually exclusive occurrences.
Some people are ring kissers and boot lickers. It’s the only explanation for refusing to see that both can be true.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
The refs are not an issue. Booker is. I say that because I know Cyclone fans are not whiners like K-state men's coaches.
Booker IS awesome. Texas' D is TOUGH. They foul occasionally, they travel sometimes and they do the little dirty things that is now basketball. AND the officials just watch it all happen. AND THEN call ******** fouls on us. CONSISTENCY is key and it is not happening tonight.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kind of embarrassing TX hasn't won more titles. I get Baylor's dominance but still.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Hate seeing the shorthorns take a trophy on their way out. Oh well, this team way over achieved and was fun to watch. I think they will do well in the tourney until they run into a team that plays football on the hardwood

Reactions: WartburgClone

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Has he stomped his foot hard enough to be heard throughout the arena like he did Saturday?

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I guess since Audi is bigger, it's OK to hit her on every shot, low high, in the arms, etc. I wonder where the line is on that rule.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron