Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
What is the objective argument for Tennessee over us? It’s not metrics. Not Q1 and/or Q2 record. It’s sure as hell not conference tournament.

The only argument is - again - Non Con SOS

Feels more important to me that we be seeded ahead of Tennessee than Marquette because of the we can’t go south and MU can’t go east thing. Tennessee can go anywhere.
Guess only other argument for Vols is they were the Regular Season Champion in a pretty good league as well. I think sometimes what happens in Conference Tourney week is not always looked at that strongly by the Committee.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
It seems that the national narrative of outrage over gaming non-con SOS will force the selection committee to punish us for it, even though the only thing that should matter is overall SOS. Would be shocked if they gave us a 1 over a national brand, when it's so much easier to just give it to the national brand and not have to face the backlash.

That said, we are more deserving of a 1 seed than Tennessee, Arizona or UNC. This has set up similarly to the 99-2000 team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'd speculate that all the work yesterday isn't being considered, the committee has already moved beyond this and he thinks the Clones are going to get less that perhaps they are due seed-wise.
I thought in past years there has been less and less emphasis on the tournament weekend, maybe if true then while talking heads speculate on if ISU has done enough to be considered for the final 1 seed in reality the committee landed NC or AZ or Tennessee (or all) ahead of ISU and we're further down the 2 seeds aligned to play UConn in Boston.

Like many, I don't have a huge issue if ISU gets a 2 seed, but I'd prefer if they do they are in the bracket with Purdue or UNC. But playing with something to prove for this team I think if CyclONE Nation gets screwed on bracketing this team has shown they are capable of overcoming.

I think you are correct. This fits well with how Pollard has described the work of the committee. They probably didn't consider a "what if Iowa State doubles up Houston . . . and three #1 seeds lose" option.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Or...he's bummed that because there were so many upsets in conference championships yesterday, those unexpected auto qualifiers are bumping teams that deserve to be in the tourney off the bubble and out in the cold, even thought they're deserving.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I think you are correct. This fits well with how Pollard has described the work of the committee. They probably didn't consider a "what if Iowa State doubles up Houston . . . and three #1 seeds lose" option.
My understanding when I’ve heard someone that’s been on the selection committee talk about the nuts and bolts of the process, at some point towards the end they go head to head all the way down the s-curve adjusting teams. I doubt we got moved directly as a result of the game yesterday, but it did move our metrics and on paper resume enough to slide us up a spot or two during that part of the process.

Reactions: Acer88

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
And that is too **** bad.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
It'll suck but if we get punished for our non-con hopefully that means they'll schedule good entertaining games in the non con.
Although I don't know how much weight they put into non con games from 3 months ago if you're trying to determine the best teams right now.

• Winner
Reactions: Messi

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
It'll suck but if we get punished for our non-con hopefully that means they'll schedule good entertaining games in the non con.
Although I don't know how much weight they put into non con games from 3 months ago if you're trying to determine the best teams right now.
I don’t know, feels like this worked out exactly how TJ wanted it too
Got early experience for a new team. Racked up easy wins and boosted the net ranking
If Ward is healthy in Orlando maybe they beat Virginia Tech and/or Tx AM

All that and you get a 2 seed. Another win or 2 and you’re likely a 1 seed

Not sure I’d change a thing

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
In person, I saw Eisenhower and Nixon at West Branch, Ford playing golf in Aspen, Carter in Davenport during his river cruise, George HW Bush at the recommissioning of USS Iowa at Pascagoula, Biden in Cedar Rapids during the 2020 primary race.

I'm disappointed, though, that I did not enjoy a pee with any of them. So disappointed. Heh
I pissed next to “The Edge” in London a long time ago. I told him I saw him in Iowa City IA. He had no idea where Iowa city Iowa was.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

Right, Memphis should be in using their stupid logic.

Help Support Us

Become a patron