Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
White numbers and gold trim. I've been asking for this change since page 12 of this thread, and I think we're getting it. These will be our best home uniforms since the 70s. I think the stripes won't work as well on the road unis, but that's a very minor concern.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIACyclone

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Obviously we're just looking at close up pics of the stripes but I'm not sure about them. They look a little too McDonalds'y to me. I do like the use of white tho in the first one.

ClonesUpNorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2023
I’m a huge fan of moving the numbers up to the shoulders (assuming these are real). They’re pretty cramped on the current (old?) jerseys.

Also, I love the idea of having a third color on the home jersey. I think our cardinal and gold work so much better when they aren’t stacked right on top of each other (see white football helmet, white basketball unis)

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Obviously we're just looking at close up pics of the stripes but I'm not sure about them. They look a little too McDonalds'y to me. I do like the use of white tho in the first one.
We generally have the same colors as McDonald's. Not really much we can do about it. But our cardinal is darker than the ketchup/mustard shades of McDonald's. I'm not a big fan of the cardinal/gold color combination, and I don't think many of our fans are either, which is why we see more black apparel at games than gold. I think the home uni in that tweet looks closer to our late 70s cardinal than the sometimes pinkish cardinal we've seen lately. But a lot varies with lighting, in-person/on camera, etc.

Reactions: Nor'easter

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I’m a huge fan of moving the numbers up to the shoulders (assuming these are real). They’re pretty cramped on the current (old?) jerseys.

Also, I love the idea of having a third color on the home jersey. I think our cardinal and gold work so much better when they aren’t stacked right on top of each other (see white football helmet, white basketball unis)
The jerseys really needed white trim somewhere and same with the pants, some sort of accent color or two. Begs the question will we get new pants?

If this is real hopefully it's not a boring "throwback" look that is all the rage these days that erases any identity from the uniform.

Reactions: ClonesUpNorth

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
We generally have the same colors as McDonald's. Not really much we can do about it. But our cardinal is darker than the ketchup/mustard shades of McDonald's. I'm not a big fan of the cardinal/gold color combination, and I don't think many of our fans are either, which is why we see more black apparel at games than gold. I think the home uni in that tweet looks closer to our late 70s cardinal than the sometimes pinkish cardinal we've seen lately. But a lot varies with lighting, in-person/on camera, etc.
Correct we obviously aren't getting away from it and I don't want to but the stripes look doesn't help. Anyways I'll stop complaining now.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Maybe it's one of the rejected mockups that Nike sent to ISU and the last image will be april fools, but we're still getting an update this year?

Jk I doubt Nike would let them take pics of unreleased unis or even send a mockup out cuz that would cost money.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

To be more precise, McDonald's has the same colors as Iowa State. We selected our school colors 56 years before McDonald's ever existed. :)

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If they are real (and that’s a huge if), they are too 49ers-esque for me. Just becuase Purdy plays there doesn’t mean we have to base the entire uniform package off of it.

We are due for the new Nike template though

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I always like this website. We have some good classic templates if we ever wanted to do a throwback design.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
It’s funny that Southern Cal never hears they look like McDonalds. We have the same colors. Their football uniforms were similar to our mid 00’s ones with different striping. They get benefit of doubt because they are blue bloods.
About the only place I hear McD look alike is here, who and kxno

Reactions: VeloClone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
@ChrisMWilliams with his two cents

200w.gif

Reactions: CYCLNST8