Iowa Beat Writers

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
"And then a rainbow broke through the clouds. A butterfly landed on my outstretched finger. And my canker sores went away.
I saw a kid passing by on the street, and called out to him. 'Son, what day is it?'
'Why it's Christmas Day, Mr Leistikow!' he said.
'You're damned right it is,' I said to myself, not wanting to expose the child to coarse language. 'You're damned right.'"
Then I went and ate Christmas dinner with the Bohannons.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s 60 out. It’s Sunday. I did this with my daughter in situations like this. CC has a heck of an influence since my daughter is only a year younger than CC.

Sure. But Caitlin Clark isn't the reason. Chad is acting like she ******* invented the sport. Was it more popular the last couple of years because of Clark? Of course (but like I said in a previous post, I think there is a not insignificant number of people that were less about the basketball and more about the event).

SHE IS NOT GOD.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sure. But Caitlin Clark isn't the reason. Chad is acting like she ******* invented the sport. Was it more popular the last couple of years because of Clark? Of course (but like I said in a previous post, I think there is a not insignificant number of people that were less about the basketball and more about the event).

SHE IS NOT GOD.
Hey, I’m with you. You may not have caught the part about my daughter being in her third year at ISU.

Reactions: aauummm

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

OMG, my kids have been shooting baskets for years, ages 8 and 11, have been in BB for several years, since age 6, I believe.

Neither has ever watched a minute of CC play, and I dont think they even know who she is.

But they play BB because of her, because no one played BB before CC got popular.

This is such a stupid take. She is popular because of all the media hype, same happens with the SEC in football etc. If all you see and hear is how good this team or person is, and its constantly pushed, then people believe it. Not saying shes not good, at shooting 3s anyway, but shes only uber popular because its all they talk about constantly on everything.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
"And then a rainbow broke through the clouds. A butterfly landed on my outstretched finger. And my canker sores went away.
I saw a kid passing by on the street, and called out to him. 'Son, what day is it?'
'You're damned right it is,' I said to myself, not wanting to expose the child to coarse language. 'You're damned right.'"
@pulitzerprizenominationcommittee

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
OMG, my kids have been shooting baskets for years, ages 8 and 11, have been in BB for several years, since age 6, I believe.

Neither has ever watched a minute of CC play, and I dont think they even know who she is.

But they play BB because of her, because no one played BB before CC got popular.

This is such a stupid take. She is popular because of all the media hype, same happens with the SEC in football etc. If all you see and hear is how good this team or person is, and its constantly pushed, then people believe it. Not saying shes not good, at shooting 3s anyway, but shes only uber popular because its all they talk about constantly on everything.
She's a girl who can shoot 45 foot 3's, something that most players aren't allowed to do, men or women. I am curious what her % is on those really deep ones, too, it can't be great.

Reactions: 2speedy1

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Post of the year right there!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Wellness check needed for Murphy? Heard that he has his right arm in sling due to a “nagging shoulder injury”.:oops::oops: :p:p

He'll be fine

K4dQvYa.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron