“Last Weekend”

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
CMC: “Fans will look back at last weekend and say that was one of the most important weekends for this program.”

He’s referring to the five late official visitors last weekend—who all committed and signed. Those five visitors:

David Coffey CB 6’2” 190 Chicago De La Salle
Sprinter who qualified for State in four events, ran a 10.98 100m there. Long and speedy, could be a star down the road.

Dominic Overby WR 6’4” 180 West Jordan (UT) HS
Went from 9 catches as a junior to 67 as a senior. Long and athletic with good hands. Ran a wind aided (4.4 mph) 10.73 100m, probably more an 11.0 guy as a junior. Lanky, has a chance to fill out in a good S&C program—that worked for a two star Hakeem Butler, right?

Alijah Carnell DL 6’5” 290 Las Vegas Bishop Gorman HS
Bishop Gorman is a talent laden powerhouse. His junior year Alijah played JV ball as a 6’4” 240 defensive end, before filling out to 6’5” 295. Athleticism and size suggests either an Enyi/TO type strongside end—or a bonus sized nose tackle.

Beau Goodwin 6’4” 200 LB Kingsley-Pierson
An all around four sport athlete, who will finally concentrate on one. 6’5” high jumper, flipped from South Dakota State. In before “next Mike Rose”.

Garret Rutledge 6’6” 295 Council Bluffs Lewis Central
CMC seemed to feel that Garret was the steal of the bunch. I’m not much of a judge of OL, generally I simply settle for assessing base athleticism—and Garret certainly runs well.

But what caught my eye was an intensity and determination to finish that I saw in Brendan Black’s HS video—albeit at a different level.

Missed the latter half of his junior season to injury.

Help Support Us

Become a patron