Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
"Gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.. "

He apparently was in hospice care

God Speed, Gambler

Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The first time the nation/world really saw him in a major way. Yeah, not country, psychedelic '60's. I remember seeing this on a Sunday night at my grandparents. We often visited on Sunday. Ed Sullivan Smothers Brothers FBI or some combination.

He should have stayed in this genre instead of going country! Not that going country was a bad financial decision, obviously not, but I would have liked to see where his music would have gone had he kept playing music like this.

• Funny
Reactions: RoseClone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The first time the nation/world really saw him in a major way. Yeah, not country, psychedelic '60's. I remember seeing this on a Sunday night at my grandparents. We often visited on Sunday. Ed Sullivan Smothers Brothers FBI or some combination.

Will Ferrell should parody this.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

giphy.gif

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
Six Pack was good. Watched it hundreds of times as a kid. Brewster Baker couldn’t lose. And a young Diane Lane got me fired up.

Reactions: Macloney

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
He should have stayed in this genre instead of going country! Not that going country was a bad financial decision, obviously not, but I would have liked to see where his music would have gone had he kept playing music like this.

That was a fairly common move back in the day. I was biased but I always attributed it to they couldn't make it anymore in pop/rock so moved over to country. Obviously a dumb childish opinion then.

He actually, I think, was in some folk group(s) before the First Edition.