letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
Team looked like they've never played the game before - with the exception of the WRs. I don't see a winnable game on the rest of the schedule. I'm just going to leave my prediction here, so it's on record.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Team looked like they've never played the game before - with the exception of the WRs. I don't see a winnable game on the rest of the schedule. I'm just going to leave my prediction here, so it's on record.

Do you think we were so much better last year? And yet we managed to win some games.

The defense will be serviceable. The offense will be better. Come back from the ledge.

• Creative
Reactions: cc1091

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KU looks better than us. San Jose State will likely be a dogfight. Probably will be 0-12 or 1-11 if I had to give a prediction just based on what I saw last night. It was that ugly folks.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I can't say we will be 0-12. We will probably end up somewhere like in 2013 and 2014 when Rhoads had FCS losses #1 and #2. And for the time being, we are going to call last night Rhoads FCS loss #3. If the team continues to look as abysmal and lost as last night then sure just make it Campbell #1.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
KU looks better than us. San Jose State will likely be a dogfight. Probably will be 0-12 or 1-11 if I had to give a prediction just based on what I saw last night. It was that ugly folks.
KU played Rhode island. Without truly knowing, I'd guess that they're nowhere near UNI in terms of football prowess, my biggest question is why Iowa State continues to schedule the UNI's and NDSU's of the world when the Rhode Island's, Lamar's, and Murray State's (pasted by Illinois yesterday) exist?

4 years ago it was Western Illinois and that game was never in doubt. If we schedule FCS teams, it should be these no doubt, guaranteed to win type opponents. Not top 5 fcs teams, cuz at the end of the day, these top 5 fcs teams frankly are better than us

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka and GTO

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, people need to realize we didn't learn anything about Kansas yesterday. Rhode Island is not good. I know sagarin ratings are a little wonky after one week, but just for reference UNI is #70 and Rhode Island is #220. You know who is right behind Rhode Island at #229? Drake. Say what you will about last night, but I think we could have beaten Drake 55-6.

I think we get 2, maybe 3 wins. Not that I'm standing here saying that is supposed to be a good thing.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis

I must largely agree.
I see only a reduced possibility of 2 wins in our future. Unfortunately that is no longer buoyed by the possibility of our team out-coaching theirs.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Yeah, people need to realize we didn't learn anything about Kansas yesterday. Rhode Island is not good. I know sagarin ratings are a little wonky after one week, but just for reference UNI is #70 and Rhode Island is #220. You know who is right behind Rhode Island at #229? Drake. Say what you will about last night, but I think we could have beaten Drake 55-6.

I think we get 2, maybe 3 wins. Not that I'm standing here saying that is supposed to be a good thing.

Drake is terrible they lost to a D2 school last night to give you an idea how back Rhode Island is.

Yeah I want people to realize rhode Island is the KU of FCS they had 2 wins last year and I think the year or before that they went 0 wins.

We have some growing pains but we will turn it around. The OL need some experience and we have never been able to run the ball against them. I can't even remember the last time we had someone run over 100 yards against them.

Campbell's offense works great if you can run the ball. We had to pass a lot yesterday because all our runs were penalized or short gains. We won't make a bowl but give me 3-4 wins.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
KU played Rhode island. Without truly knowing, I'd guess that they're nowhere near UNI in terms of football prowess, my biggest question is why Iowa State continues to schedule the UNI's and NDSU's of the world when the Rhode Island's, Lamar's, and Murray State's (pasted by Illinois yesterday) exist?

4 years ago it was Western Illinois and that game was never in doubt. If we schedule FCS teams, it should be these no doubt, guaranteed to win type opponents. Not top 5 fcs teams, cuz at the end of the day, these top 5 fcs teams frankly are better than us
We are today worse than four years ago. From what I saw, we do not have enough players to make an oline decent. It will be a very long year unless we screen pass all the time.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think this thread has been started every year since 2013. Last years was probably 1-11. I'm sure we get to 2-3 wins. Going 0-12 is not easy.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
San Jose St...I say YES to a WIN....and I am going to add Kansas JSquawks...Only because we play better on the road and also because thee squawks are a Basketball School.....
Sounds like a Rhoads season -- two wins.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Looks like we need campus tryouts for the oline backups. We are so thin.