***#11 Iowa State at #17 Oklahoma (Sunday, 2:00)***

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Who: No. 11 Iowa State (10-2, 2-0 Big 12) at No. 17 Oklahoma (11-2, 1-1 Big 12)
Where: Lloyd Noble Center – Norman, Okla.
When: Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023 – 2 p.m.

The Links
WATCH: ESPN2
PxP: Courtney Lyle
Analyst: Carolyn Peck

LISTEN: Cyclone Radio Network – Varsity App or Radio Affiliates
PxP: Noah Wolf
Analyst: Jamie Steyer Johnson

LIVE STATS

IOWA STATE GAME NOTES (PDF) | OKLAHOMA GAME NOTES (PDF)

PROJECTED LINEUPS
#11 IOWA STATE#17 OKLAHOMA
F/C - 10 Soares (6-6 SR); 15.4 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 3.2 bpgF - 34 Scott (6-2 SR); 7.0 ppg, 5.7 rpg
G/F - 21 Joens (6-1 SR); 19.5 ppg, 9.2 rpgF - 25 Williams (6-0 SR*); 17.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg
G - 3 Fritz (5-11 FR*); 6.6 ppg, 3.9 rpgG - 22 Llanusa (6-0 SR*); 11.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg
G - 21 Donarski (6-0 JR); 12.1 ppg, 3.5 apgG - 30 Robertson (6-0 SR*); 11.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg
G - 11 Ryan (5-11 JR); 12.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 7.1 apgG - 1 Tot (5-3 JR); 8.5 ppg, 4.0 apg

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Maddie Williams is an incredible athlete and fun to watch, but she can’t beat us by herself and tends to get in foul trouble. Lexi should take Taylor Robertson out of the game and I see ISU with a road win, made all the more enjoyable by watching pretty Jennie prowl the sideline. I also hope Aubrey breaks out of her malaise, just not too much…

Reactions: barometriclow

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
The Thursday game at Norman between OU & BU did not go as many expected. BU played their best game of the season, starting out with a blitzkrieg of shooting in the 1st quarter that OU never fully recovered from. OU on the other hand played well below their capabilities, it certainly wasn't their highlight game of the year. They just couldn't make consistent buckets.

Is the performance that these two teams displayed going to be what we can expect from them for the rest of the season? I seriously doubt it. OU will surely put up a better fight Sunday. If not, their going to have a rather disappointing conference season. Based on what I've seen all year I would still expect ISU to be at least 3 points better even at Norman. But there is certainly fertile soil there for an upset for the Sooners.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
The Thursday game at Norman between OU & BU did not go as many expected. BU played their best game of the season, starting out with a blitzkrieg of shooting in the 1st quarter that OU never fully recovered from. OU on the other hand played well below their capabilities, it certainly wasn't their highlight game of the year. They just couldn't make consistent buckets.

Is the performance that these two teams displayed going to be what we can expect from them for the rest of the season? I seriously doubt it. OU will surely put up a better fight Sunday. If not, their going to have a rather disappointing conference season. Based on what I've seen all year I would still expect ISU to be at least 3 points better even at Norman. But there is certainly fertile soil there for an upset for the Sooners.

I think how good Oklahoma is still is TBD. They have only played 2 NET Quad 1 games (0-2) - losses to Utah and Baylor (ISU has played 6 (4-2) Baylor 5 (2-3)- so am not sure how they will hold up to the rigors of the Big 12 schedule.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Maddie Williams is an incredible athlete and fun to watch, but she can’t beat us by herself and tends to get in foul trouble. Lexi should take Taylor Robertson out of the game and I see ISU with a road win, made all the more enjoyable by watching pretty Jennie prowl the sideline. I also hope Aubrey breaks out of her malaise, just not too much…
She can break out when she’s not playing ISU

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
It feels like Robertson has been playing longer than Bohannon or Settles at Iowa.

Reactions: ISU71

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I don't care for Carolyn Peck in the studio, but I like her as a game analyst. She has that "coach" perspective on what she's seeing, as opposed to the young ex-players. JMHO.
Peck is fine, she's just kind of bland. I could do without Lyle's blatant favoritism.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Will be at wrestling when this starts, so CF and ESPN app are the go-tos, at least for awhile. Don’t let me down!

TrulyCyclone

Jul 31, 2021
Carolyn Peck especially does not like ISU. Like at all, I dont understand. We run pretty clean programs.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Trying to watch on my phone at work. Login to my account then the game and its saying access isn't allowed. I have been able to watch games on actual espn channels before on my phone. This is some bull****.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
They didn't do all the "pulling" on the court. So, she was probably sure something really bad happened. Hoping she is OK, not looking good though.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
yeah, this really sucks and hurts our overall ceiling for the team. Hopefully it's something minor, but didn't look like it. Maybe we can get a medical redshirt though?

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ