#11 Memphis @ #7 Oklahoma State

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
If Smart continues to play this way, is there ANY chance he'll stay at Okie St. for another year or two?

I highly doubt it, but I didn't see him coming back for this year.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just saw some of the highlights, and from those the attendance looked fine. Not ideal, but much better than what people made it sound like. Maybe the attendance was just late arriving? Or the highlights didn't do a good job showing the crowd?

The point I made about football still stands

I watched a lot of the game and didn't notice any empty seats. The way the arena is lit, it's hard to tell if someone is in a seat or not.

Now the Texas Tech game I watched on Monday, there were maybe 40 people in the place. It was completely empty.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If Smart continues to play this way, is there ANY chance he'll stay at Okie St. for another year or two?

I doubt it, but who knows.

I think his mother gave him the best advice any parent can give someone in that situation: "you only get to be a kid once, enjoy it". He's clearly having fun, and you can't blame someone for that.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
lol. Jay is watching too much sportscenter, the big 12 had some pretty bad losses too. Going to look like the basketball version of the SEC, the top of the league will be exceptionally good and the bottom will be exceptionally terrible.

too harsh. TCU did pull out the big 7 point win over Abilene Christian last night. So we've got that going for us.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Am I crazy or did I read that Smart stayed at OSU another year because he had a hand injury after last season and thought it would hurt his draft position?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Am I crazy or did I read that Smart stayed at OSU another year because he had a hand injury after last season and thought it would hurt his draft position?

I thought he said he wanted to come back and try to win a championship with Brown and Nash but I could be wrong

SouthTulsaPoke

Nov 14, 2011
Tulsa, OK
I don't understand how a Saturday football game affects a Tuesday basketball game.

I didn't watch the game (wish I could have), so I didn't see the attendance. It was maybe at an acceptable level. But don't feed me this line about how it is football season, and basketball doesn't matter yet.

Even if ISU had a top 10 football team :)wideeyed:), they would still show for a Tuesday basketball game against a ranked opponent. Because the two don't conflict.
Paid attendance was 13,611. There was a traffic jam on the highway between OKC and Stillwater that delayed people making it for tip off. That's why Kevin Durant didn't get to the game until 7 minutes left in the first half.

Most of the Smart highlights were in the first 10 minutes of the game.

SouthTulsaPoke

Nov 14, 2011
Tulsa, OK
agree. however, oSu is going to struggle inside with ku's height, methinks.
Sutton and Iba don't coach the team any more. We'll play a ton of zone against Kansas. If THEY play man-to-man, we'll beat them with speed. If THEY play zone, Smart, Brown, Williams, Forte and Clark will bomb them with threes.

OSU is shooting 45.5% (#19 in the nation) on treys.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
lol. Jay is watching too much sportscenter, the big 12 had some pretty bad losses too. Going to look like the basketball version of the SEC, the top of the league will be exceptionally good and the bottom will be exceptionally terrible.

Nice to be at the top!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
if pokes and clones beat kansas once or twice apiece, i'll be pleased. i'm tired of watching rent-a-player u dominate the league. sick of it, actually.