#11 Memphis @ #7 Oklahoma State

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
It's a Tuesday night and they still have a Top 10 football team to cheer for. Let's not turn into little ******* the moment we feel superior to some other B12 school.

Why? Because it's OK for other schools to bag on us at every chance they get but we can't feel good about our fan support? I say we need to toot our horn as much we can because Lord knows no one else will. Screw the other schools, if they are big boys then they can stick up for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Why? Because it's OK for other schools to bag on us at every chance they get but we can't feel good about our fan support? I say we need to toot our horn as much we can because Lord knows no one else will. Screw the other schools, if they are big boys then they can stick up for themselves.
Yeah, you don't need to put others down to feel better about yourself. Especially OSU fans who are generally quite pleasant.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Stop being a self-loathing little *****. It is not a feeling of superiority, it is being superior. Ok State has had average (and sliding) fan support in MBB for what is approaching a decade.
I never said don't feel good about our fan support...

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Smart is an NBA ready player, in college. He is built like an all star NBA guard at this point.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
I think Kane might be the one guard in the Big 12 that stands a chance against Smart. Smart is stronger, but Kane is close.
Kane, Seldon, and Smart. No other conference has beastier (made that word up) guards.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
who on our team has to guard smart? big daddy?
I actually think Kane will match up with him pretty well (as well as we could hope anyway) . He is strong enough to not get pushed around as much as smaller guards. I'm more worried about their overall athleticism....holy cow these dudes can play.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Yeah, you don't need to put others down to feel better about yourself. Especially OSU fans who are generally quite pleasant.
Pretty self evident that the arena is not close to being full.

It's OK for the rest of the B12 to put down ISU but we can't be proud because it might upset others. Cyclones need to stop being a whiny fan base.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
A wonderful display being put on by Smart right now, and some still find the need for Cyclone on Cyclone hate.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Think you gotta guard Smart by committee.... If Kane fouls out, we're in trouble against OSU but at the same token, I don't know who else you put up against him, Naz will get pushed around, Hogue is probably too slow. He's a matchup nightmare for any team out there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I know most people find this hard to believe but for a lot of fans the college basketball season doesn't really start until January (conference play)

Its not college, but its not like fans from oklahoma are having issues with attending all basketball games. OKC thunder has been sold out forever.

Thats probably one of the big issues with attendance, a bigger game has come into town and taken a share of basketball fans.