$112.10 twelve ounce beer

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
TG has a few on that list pretty amazing. Wonder why Pulpit Rock doesn't make the list?

They aren’t as self promotional and just don’t have the same hype. TG blew up at the right time.

IMO, Pulpit has better beer across the board, and the owners/brewers are great people. It’s a more fun place to have a beer to boot.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: huntt26 and NWICY

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've spent stupid amounts of money on beer but even for me this is a little crazy. I felt guilty last week when I paid $80 for 64 oz of Alluvial beer.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I've spent stupid amounts of money on beer but even for me this is a little crazy. I felt guilty last week when I paid $80 for 64 oz of Alluvial beer.

Wow, no beer is with $24/12oz. I don't care if they are serving it to me at the Super Bowl. That's ridiculous.

Not to mention the price for the beer in the OP...

But you could say that same thing about tons of liquor and wine.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I did the Mornin Delight release. $100 got us two 22 oz beers and a some glasses. While the beer was awesome, it was not worth that. The experience was pretty cool. Drive down the road and stop at Pulpit Rock Brewing. The beer there is on par or maybe even better than TG.
Pandemic has put a hurting on pulpit rock. We went there in july and they had like 3 to 4 beers total of their own. Really enjoyed Pivo just down the road about 10 miles. They had about 35 of their own beers on tap.

Edit: im assuming that isn't normal for pulpit rock to have so few options. I had heard good things.

Last edited:

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
Pandemic has put a hurting on pulpit rock. We went there in july and they had like 3 to 4 beers total of their own. Really enjoyed Pivo just down the road about 10 miles. They had about 35 of their own beers on tap.

Edit: im assuming that isn't normal for pulpit rock to have so few options. I had heard good things.

I was at Pulpit Rock at the beginning of August and they had an awesome selection. 8-10 options of their own beer in cans for purchase. Patio was open to sit at a table and enjoy. Grab food from the Landing next door and had a great afternoon. You must have been there at an odd weekend.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I was at Pulpit Rock at the beginning of August and they had an awesome selection. 8-10 options of their own beer in cans for purchase. Patio was open to sit at a table and enjoy. Grab food from the Landing next door and had a great afternoon. You must have been there at an odd weekend.
Must have been. I think they had 5 or 6 total counting other peoples beers. Wife is a bit selective when it comes to beer and ordered one from a different brewery because nothing they had sounded good. The beer I had was fine, but overall wasnt impressed by the selection. Glad to hear that isn't the norm. Would like to try them again as I had heard good things. We got some pizza and swirl things from High, Wide, and Handsome. Fantastic food.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron