***#19 #23 Iowa vs ISU***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A little off topic but still Big 12 WBB. Watching Notre Dame play at TCU on FSN and it looks like a HS gym they are playing in. Is that really their regular venue for WBB? Why the hell would Notre Dame travel to play in that little tiny gym?

Of course announcers have to mention the big comeback against us last year. Ha, like TCU is going to comeback from 20 down against the #3 Irish.

Man I would love a national game (this one is regional Fox) like this at Hilton. Chance for some people to see our gals who nobody outside of the Big 12 sees play.

Edit: we are on national broadcast once this year and it will be a game at Hilton vs. Baylor so that will draw some viewers.

Last edited:

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Hawks dropped out of AP, but settled at 24 in USA and 27 rpi. We're at 98 rpi. The New Orleans (342) wouldn't have helped. We've got a couple of weeks and two games before we go to KSU.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Attendance of Iowa State vs Iowa was announced at 11373 (for what that's worth), and Disterhoft says the atmosphere had nothing to do with the outcome of the game:

"@Stanz51: Ally Disterhoft said the atmosphere had nothing to do with the outcome of the game"

Yet last night in Carver there were 4959 for Iowa vs Rutgers and she talks about momentum swinging in their favor because of the crowd after hitting big shots. Kids are funny.

snpy.tv/1Oxcidt

VaClone

Jun 4, 2006
Attendance of Iowa State vs Iowa was announced at 11373 (for what that's worth), and Disterhoft says the atmosphere had nothing to do with the outcome of the game:

"@Stanz51: Ally Disterhoft said the atmosphere had nothing to do with the outcome of the game"

Yet last night in Carver there were 4959 for Iowa vs Rutgers and she talks about momentum swinging in their favor because of the crowd after hitting big shots. Kids are funny.

snpy.tv/1Oxcidt

Disterhoft has a different attitude this year, and I am not really fond of it. I think she is a good basketball player and had hoped she would be a Cyclone coming out of high school, but her actions and words rub me the wrong way. I tuned in later in their Nebraska game and heard the announcers say that she had been benched after a skirmish. If this is her way of taking a leadership role, it is odd.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Iowa is 12-2 so our beating them was due in-part to home cooking in front of a Hilton crowd. Can't see where Ally would believe otherwise other than bravado.