***#19 #23 Iowa vs ISU***

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
My feelings as well. Disterhoft's attitude and actions on the court went over the line. She's talented and plays a nice game. Who knows why she was such a poor sport. Maybe takes after her coach. It sure makes it hard to root for her.

She probably should have gotten a T but the refs didn't want to make it controversial. She hit the ball into another player. I'd think that would qualify as a T.

It was a little bit of karma that she missed the FT that would have tied the game.

The bold is EXACTLY why so many squawks on Bluder's teams are whiny little *******. She allows it, possibly even encourages it. Every single team she's ever had has been the same way, all the way back to her Drake days. They whine and complain the whole time. I figure if you're dumb enough to want to play for Bluder in the first place, you're probably the type of player who deserves a classless coach like her.

SO happy to rip a victory out of Bluder's grubby little hands tonight. She must have thought when they were up 11, "I've done it! I've finally won at Hilton! I've finally won in this building!" It must sting even more to know that her team blew such a large, late lead they way they did. Again.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
On the flip side of the above coin, I could not be more proud of Iowa State tonight! They all turned it up to 11 in the final quarter and really wanted to get that win. Seanna was incredible and everyone else stepped up to do their part. Great win and a great way to wind up Hate Week.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pretty fun game I was disappointed in the attendance. Did manage to get loud when it needed to. I was fairly impressed with the hawkeye turnout much higher % than at the mens.

Really glad we won. Warm tea for breakfast tomorrow to help my throat 2 nights cheering sore throat tomorrow. What a great couple of nights of basketball.

Another awesome game by Seana,never realized how many points she scored till the postgame show.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Disagree. She was nothing but a punk on the floor. She whined to the refs after every drive to the hoop. She purposely lowers her shoulder and plows through defenders just hoping for fouls. She took a swing at mere and the ref had to talk to her. Sorry... I dont feel one bit bad for her.
Honestly, it was pretty clearly a fist pump but pretty stupid to nearly connect it as a punch. Glad they sent a message to check if it made contact. I would love to have had a mic in that conversation because at one point her teammate had to literally put a hand over her mouth.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Pretty fun game I was disappointed in the attendance. Did manage to get loud when it needed to. I was fairly impressed with the hawkeye turnout much higher % than at the mens.

The attendance was good especially given a Friday night game going against all the local high school games as well as NCAA volleyball in Des Moines.

The lower bowl was actually quite full and fans were in the upper deck as well.

As has been noted, the student turnout was great and no doubt added to the volume in the building.

In the postgame, Disterhoft was asked about the atmosphere and said it in no way affected their game. Sure looked like it did when the crowd got loud. The atmosphere boosted ISU's play down the stretch. Maybe it was a little of both that helped shut down Iowa's offense.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
It was another amazing win over the Hawks. Seanna was unstoppable. She made a driving layup late in the game and then she stared at the defender . Could have been a taunt. But they didn't call it earlier for Disterhoft, so they let it go. Good no call.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly, it was pretty clearly a fist pump but pretty stupid to nearly connect it as a punch. Glad they sent a message to check if it made contact. I would love to have had a mic in that conversation because at one point her teammate had to literally put a hand over her mouth.

Both Chris and Rich on the broadcast were pretty adamant that the fist pump was just that, a fist pump. If the game had been rougher and maybe getting too physical or having too much taunting earlier they might have called a T on it but they aren't going to do that at that stage of a game. Thought the pause and no T by the refs was the right response.

The teammate muffling her was pretty fun. "No, girl, really, shut up, you are going to get a T!"

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What happened to Molly Parrott as the analyst? Always liked her insight as an ex-player.

I heard she was going to cut back on doing it this year but "cut back" seems to mean not doing it at all this year unless she is still planning on doing some conference. Haven't heard any of this except in some posts here earlier in the WBB Forum.

We should have accoustimac and mred sit with Rich for some games. Mred for his breadth of knowledge on all things WBB ISU and accoustimac for his unbridled enthusiasm (although we have Rich for that already).
:rolleyes:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Molly's schedule will only allow her to do 7-8 games this year. The rest will be a hodgepodge of others -- so far, Williams, Bolte, Medders, and Brett Cooper (from Cyclone Sports Properties).

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I thought she might have hit the ball after she made the shot which almost hit Mere based on how Mere turned to the ref. Will have to check it out on replay. I think she was so emotional in presser because she missed that key free throw based on her facial expression while Bluder was answering a question and mentions missing free throws. I thought the water works were going to start again. It would be hard to take when she is like 90% or better.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I thought she might have hit the ball after she made the shot which almost hit Mere based on how Mere turned to the ref. Will have to check it out on replay. I think she was so emotional in presser because she missed that key free throw based on her facial expression while Bluder was answering a question and mentions missing free throws. I thought the water works were going to start again. It would be hard to take when she is like 90% or better.

The replay on the live TV last night looked like her fist pump hit the ball and the ball went past Mere but they only showed it once. Interesting play but way less to see than some of our fans view it.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
The replay on the live TV last night looked like her fist pump hit the ball and the ball went past Mere but they only showed it once. Interesting play but way less to see than some of our fans view it.

Either way... She is a horrible sport and i am glad that she is going home with an L

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
Great team effort. I was particularly glad to not only see Carleton back, but so effective after missing so many games. He shooting percentage wasn't great but she made key plays. And the way she and Seanna, and Jada too, can drive to the basket opens up a lot of space on offense. Sweet win.

Did anyone see if Bill and Bluder shook hands last night? I was at a game a year or 2 ago, and Bluder walked right by Bill. No love lost there!

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Did anyone see if Bill and Bluder shook hands last night? I was at a game a year or 2 ago, and Bluder walked right by Bill. No love lost there!

It did not look like to me that they did, Lisa B was walking very quickly thru the line and it didn't even look like she said anything to Bill. If she did it was super fast.

shows what type of person she is and as everyone has said they do not like eachother

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Tree are lots of reasons for Coach to dislike Bluder going back to her days at Drake and the nasty techniques she used during recruiting. I used to teach at Drake and never liked her then.