***#19 #23 Iowa vs ISU***

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Loved watching another Chokeye performance (MSU, ISU, ISU again)!! Way to go ladies!!!!!

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
To quote coach Mac (when a car drove by football practice one day and the people inside yelled go hawks then proceeded to rear end the car in front of them) "Couldn't happen to a better bunch of ********"

This makes me laugh way more than it should.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Bill's dislike for Baylor's coach is pretty awesome too. She would leave Griner in the game to run up the score when they were already up 40.

Yeah, that's enjoyable as well.

Bill might play it off like a state thing when he talks about getting kind of tense the week of the Iowa game. But I have no doubt that it is mostly because he freaking hates Bluder so much. And she hates him.l

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I hate hawk fans (really hate most hawk fans) but really getting no joy seeing Disterhoft (who played a great game) in the post game looking teary eyed.

She looks like she's ready to bust out bawling all the time. Love to have had her a Cyclone, though. Didn't her, Jadda, and Lexi play AAU together?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Back home from the game. Great win for the twister sisters! Bluder still winless in Hilton. So glad because she is a total *****.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Fennelly totally out schemed Bluder on the very last Iowa possession. 5.4 seconds left, Iowa inbounding on their half and ISU up 3. Coming out of a timeout, so both coaches got to draw this up.

Iowa got the ball to a big near the paint and ISU was nowhere near her. We were only guarding the 3 point line. She looked a little lost trying to get the ball to a shooter and they were forced into taking a really bad shot that was an airball. Great win!

You would have thought she would have known that was what we'd do to start with. If she had to call the time out to tell them to get the ball into the unguarded player inside who would then look for a player moving to a spot at the three point line, that's pretty sad. At the end though, you knew who they were going to cause no one else on that team wanted the shot.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I have seats in the section right behind visitors bench which was even more sweet. Classy Hawk fan in front of us wearing a shirt that said You bet your sweet *** I hate the Cyclones! Nothing says class like a shirt with profanity.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
[video=youtube;uxHqcU-Aapk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHqcU-Aapk[/video]

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
[video=youtube;6wTAHfIJhcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wTAHfIJhcc[/video]

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I hate hawk fans (really hate most hawk fans) but really getting no joy seeing Disterhoft (who played a great game) in the post game looking teary eyed.

Disagree. She was nothing but a punk on the floor. She whined to the refs after every drive to the hoop. She purposely lowers her shoulder and plows through defenders just hoping for fouls. She took a swing at mere and the ref had to talk to her. Sorry... I dont feel one bit bad for her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I have a sneaking suspicion that ClintonIAFan is HawkNick. Nick managed to get himself banned over there and ClintonIAFan has a very similar posting style (like a young child).

You are probably right. I glanced at a couple of other threads and he was going all ***-hat in them and someone called him Hawknick and that maybe he needed to be banned again.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Disagree. She was nothing but a punk on the floor. She whined to the refs after every drive to the hoop. She purposely lowers her shoulder and plows through defenders just hoping for fouls. She took a swing at mere and the ref had to talk to her. Sorry... I dont feel one bit bad for her.

Completely agree - should have been a T on the shot at Mere, but the three zebras weren't going to call anything since they let her and Bluder whine all night.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'll admit to not being the biggest WBB fan, but trying to watch more stuff now that we have a convenient cyclones.tv streaming setup on our living room TV.

Iowa superfan I work with (who didn't go to school there, of course) was totally butthurt today about the game, so I texted him at the end of the women's game. He went full ****** about rose bowl, clowns...runon text messages because he was on a rant. Classic.

00 please post we like hawk butthurt.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have seats in the section right behind visitors bench which was even more sweet. Classy Hawk fan in front of us wearing a shirt that said You bet your sweet *** I hate the Cyclones! Nothing says class like a shirt with profanity.

Seen that dude buying concessions, thought it took a lot of guts to wear it to a ball game, probably wouldn't have went over as well at a mens game civility isn't near as high @ them.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011

Completely agree - should have been a T on the shot at Mere, but the three zebras weren't going to call anything since they let her and Bluder whine all night.

My feelings as well. Disterhoft's attitude and actions on the court went over the line. She's talented and plays a nice game. Who knows why she was such a poor sport. Maybe takes after her coach. It sure makes it hard to root for her.

She probably should have gotten a T but the refs didn't want to make it controversial. She hit the ball into another player. I'd think that would qualify as a T.

It was a little bit of karma that she missed the FT that would have tied the game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron