1983 Barry Stevens game against Mizzou.

dvmted

Mar 31, 2006
NW iowa
I remember watching it. It was a taped broadcast at midnight, I believe on ESPN. Fortunately I hadn't heard the score yet. I don't think I even had a VCR then. I do have the Iowa game and program from '87 when Lefester went wild. Good luck!

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
There's a good chance I may have a copy of it. And this is NOT a joke... on Beta videotape. If someone has the ability to transcribe it, I'll look for it and send it off for a copy.

I remember it pretty well. I even stayed up to watch the ESPN overnight/wee hours replay. I was not well rested for work the next day, but still in a pretty good mood, as I recall.

Hope it's out there. I've seen highlights, that's all.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I couldn't find the Barry Stevens Missouri Game but I did come across the Lafester .vs. IA game on Beta, as well, If any has the ability to dub it to digital I will mail it to you to do it. My long-dead Beta machine is probably leaching mercury into the watershed by now.

only4cy

Nov 21, 2006
Loved my Beta HiFi machine back in the day. You could record a second independent audio track simultaneously with video, so you could switch between TV announcer and Pete Taylor on playback. Had a great collection of old game tapes (with no machine to play them on), until I finally tossed them a few years ago.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I will look through my old vhs tapes but doubt I have a game from 1983. I think the earliest games I have Grayer was here.

I probably could not afford one of those new fangled video taping machines back then, I think the first one I bought was $200 along with my big screen 25 inch RCA TV for $500.

That 1983 Mizzou game was the first game I remember being on TV, the start of Hilton Magic. It was a big deal, about time for the Cyclones to get on TV. I came from Eastern Iowa where the Lute, Lute, Lute show was on every Thursday night.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Earliest game I could find was 1986 NCAA game against Michigan. Billy Packer's The JV against the varsity game.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The Mizzou game was awesome. Barry was on fire. I was in high school at the time and myself and two friend decided to go to the game at the last minute. What a great memory. The game was part of the foundation for Hilton Magic.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I have a DVD of the 83 Missouri game...