20 'Effin wins so far.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wow.

I remember feeling before the season that I would have been happy with 10 overall wins, as long as the team showed progress throughout the season. Once we lost Hinson and Foster I revised that down to 8 total wins, as I thought losing those two guys really would have had a bigger impact than it has.

I think Adams will probably get Big 12 Coach of the Year, and that might even be deserved. I would hope at the very least that TJ gets 2nd.

I think Lloyd down at Arizona will probably get National Coach of the Year, and that's okay too. But I really hope that TJ gets some national run for what he, his staff, and this team have done so far.

Awards aside, with the exception of the Elite Eight year back in 2000 under Larry Eustachy, I think this has to be the best single season coaching performance in program history.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Last spring when I heard Brockington was coming after Hunter had re-commited I thought maybe we could pull out 6-7 Big 12 wins.

I never imagined running that non-conf schedule 13-0 and winning 7 or 8 and going to the NCAA tourney though.

TJ has to be Big 12 COY, I don't care about Adams, he's just continuing the success Beard had.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Last spring when I heard Brockington was coming after Hunter had re-commited I thought maybe we could pull out 6-7 Big 12 wins.

I never imagined running that non-conf schedule 13-0 and winning 7 or 8 and going to the NCAA tourney though.

TJ has to be Big 12 COY, I don't care about Adams, he's just continuing the success Beard had.
Adam’s definitely has done a great job too but plenty of guys in his situation have done the same. Name one coach that has done what TJ has done. I can’t think of one.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Another thing that needs to be mentioned is we have 4 legit road wins against solid competition this year. That was absolutely unfathomable to me.
I dont even think they'd won a road game against a Power 6 team since Shayoks team beat K-State back in mid-February of 2019.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
TJ should win coach of the year hands down. It’s not even close.

Probably not going to give it to an unranked team's coach. Not saying we can't get back in the rankings, but regardless, he deserves votes. It's amazing quite frankly. Yes, we have Brockington, but compared to some of these other teams, he's done it with a whole lot less.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwister and 67CY

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Lord knows I was pretty critical of the hire (can't blame anyone if they were annoyed by me) but I'm so pleased with the way the team/staff has responded of late. I do think TJ has some growing to do (refs obviously don't care about the nice guy thing), but the team I've watched the past few games is so different to the one we saw for a few weeks prior. Cannot complain about this year and am very impressed with how they've handled adversity. From the entire offense moving way better, to making adjustments in the rotation, I'm really pleased. I do think the staff will have to do some work in the transfer window to keep trending upwards, especially if Brockington decides to go pro, but I'm seeing the vision a lot more than I was a few weeks ago. Seeing the way they've bounced back gives me a lot of hope moving forward.

Help Support Us

Become a patron