2011 State Girls' Basketball Tournament

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
From afar its tough to keep up. The Rag online reports Geno Auriemma came all this way to watch Stokes. That doesn't seem to be a good use of time unless he is also scouting others. Too bad Ankey's Manning got away - I like her spunk after the loss, " “Next year starts tomorrow.â€￾

Bill said, last night, he'd be there - who is he watching? Maybe there's another Christopherson that no one knows about.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
From afar its tough to keep up. The Rag online reports Geno Auriemma came all this way to watch Stokes. That doesn't seem to be a good use of time unless he is also scouting others. Too bad Ankey's Manning got away - I like her spunk after the loss, " “Next year starts tomorrow.â€￾

Bill said, last night, he'd be there - who is he watching? Maybe there's another Christopherson that no one knows about.

Well, one player for sure is Jadda Buckley (soph guard) from Mason City - he already offered her a schollie last summer. She didn't shoot too well today in MC's loss - 2-13 from the field. She has had an injured ankle.
Buckley is not an "unknown" though - we'll have to beat lots of schools out for her as time goes on, I'd bet...

cyclone5435

Mar 6, 2010
From afar its tough to keep up. The Rag online reports Geno Auriemma came all this way to watch Stokes. That doesn't seem to be a good use of time unless he is also scouting others. Too bad Ankey's Manning got away - I like her spunk after the loss, " “Next year starts tomorrow.”

Where is Manning from Ankeny headed?

There aren't any more Christofferson's out there, at least not in the same family as Hallie.

When is everyone going to figure out that Hallie and Scott do not spell their last name the same?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
heard on a kxno's report that Ankeny got hacked on the last play (no call) and lost by one.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
When is everyone going to figure out that Hallie and Scott do not spell their last name the same?

I apologize to Hallie Christofferson and to her family -Tom and Phyl, Seth, Tyson and Britta. It was thoughtless of me not to check the spelling. I also apologize to Scott Christopherson as it was pure coincidence that one wrong made a right. Perhaps my point was that there might be a relatively unkown with starter potential not being recruited by other D-1 programs. Of course, another Christopherson - meaning a player selected as the best highschool player in the state would work as well.

iowaboy

Apr 4, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
heard on a kxno's report that Ankeny got hacked on the last play (no call) and lost by one.

It was obvious the refs were NOT going to call a foul late. Truth is however, kiah stokes was hammered all game. watch just a few of the highlights and when she was underneath and went up she was getting banged on every shot. It would of been asinine to have called a foul at that point as they had set the precedent all game by swallowing their whistles.

A poor team can play a great team close if you allow both teams to grab, hack, reach in etc. Ankeny is a very good team and I would like to have seen a better refereed game for sure. Ankeny's coach should never have termed the play a NON CALL and there were many of those and by doing so clearly said the referee blew that call. Then he said he shouldn't comment. he is right in that he should shut up. Ankeny got their fair share of calls all game. Still a shame however.