2016/17 Big XII MBB Survivor

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Time to start the 3rd Annual Big XII Men's Basketball Survivor thing. I'm taking over for isu_oak, let's get this party started. Last year 35 people joined, with 2 people making all the way to week 10. In the end, gipper2001 was the victor. Who will take home the prize this year?

Games start tomorrow (Friday) at 3PM. People can still join up until the last game of the week, but they will lose out on potential bonus points. If you are confused with anything post the question in this thread or shoot me a PM.

Good luck!

Big XII MBB Survivor Rules
1- Pick a team each week you feel will win one of their conference games (non-conference games do not count, so be careful in Week 5 with the Big 12/SEC Challenge).
2- Choose one conference game during the week that your chosen team "must win".
3- Your team and "must win" game pick must be submitted before tip-off for the game to count.
4- If your team wins the "must win" game, you move on!
5- After you choose a team, you may NOT pick them again.
6- You may NOT pick against a team in consecutive weeks.....meaning nobody can pick against TCU (or any other team) 2 weeks in a row.
7- If you submit a team you have already chosen (Rule 5), a team you're not supposed to pick (Rule 6), or don't submit a pick for the week.... you are eliminated.
8- Each week starts on Saturday (Friday in Week 10) and ends on Wednesday.
9- Editing of a post containing a pick is prohibited after tip-off of the week's first game.
10- Last man/woman/child standing wins.

Bonus points for tiebreaker
Bonus points can be gained in 2 ways:
1- Road victory by chosen team in "must win" game (+1).
2- Chosen team winning 2 conference games in the week (+1). The team pick must be submitted before the team's first game of the week to be eligible for this bonus point.
In the event of the tie at the end of the competition, the sum of the bonus points will determine the winner.

Eligible Week 1 games are below. Post your team and must win game in this thread.

Friday, December 30
West Virginia @ Oklahoma State 3PM
Texas Tech @ Iowa State 5PM
Baylor @ Oklahoma 6PM
Texas @ Kansas State 7PM
Kansas @ TCU 8PM

Tuesday, January 3
Oklahoma @ TCU 8PM
Kansas State @ Kansas 8PM
West Virginia @ Texas Tech

Wednesday, January 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas 7PM
Iowa State @ Baylor 7PM

Reactions: isu_oak

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My must win is Kansas over TCU.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
My team is K-State
Must win game is Texas @ K-State

I'm playing but have no clue what the 'my team' v. 'must win' stuff means. Football school fan perhaps? Ha.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
My team is K-State
Must win game is Texas @ K-State

I'm playing but have no clue what the 'my team' v. 'must win' stuff means. Football school fan perhaps? Ha.
Your team plays two games each week. They only need to win the "must win" game for you to move onto the next week.