**2016 Capital City League Thread**

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Damn it! Why no Donovan Jackson? I would have loved to seen him play CCL.

If I remember correctly he was taking it easy coming off injury last season. It probably pains him more than us not to play.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If I remember correctly he was taking it easy coming off injury last season. It probably pains him more than us not to play.

Yep, and I'm guessing Prohm made the decision so that he didn't re-injure it or push his recovery for something as trivial as CCL.

But, yes it sure would have been fun to see what Jackson looked like!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yep, and I'm guessing Prohm made the decision so that he didn't re-injure it or push his recovery for something as trivial as CCL.

But, yes it sure would have been fun to see what Jackson looked like!
Donovan-Jackson.jpg

You're welcome.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
This will sound crazy, but if Nick Babb can become a consistent shooter, he COULD be one of those guys that sneaks into the NBA eventually. He's tall and long enough to play the 2. He has better handles than Nick. It sounds like he can defend.

He would have to show that he can be an aggressive scorer when he has the chance and improve his shot but it's not impossible.

I've only seen him once (last Sunday) when he didn't shoot a lot, but I was pleasantly surprised

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I've only seen him once (last Sunday) when he didn't shoot a lot, but I was pleasantly surprised

Meant to add that he's a better ball handler and passer than I expected and really like his size. Good enough ball handler to play some 2 and big enough to play some 3.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, who's playing tonight? And who's not?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
So, who's playing tonight? And who's not?
I didn't ask any of the players so I'm not sure today. With it being the playoffs, I was just hopeful most would show up. Thomas/Carter and Jakolb/Holden all have a bye and don't play. It should be Naz/Bowie vs Monte and then Solomon/Babb vs Burton. (If those 6 show up)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I didn't ask any of the players so I'm not sure today. With it being the playoffs, I was just hopeful most would show up. Thomas/Carter and Jakolb/Holden all have a bye and don't play. It should be Naz/Bowie vs Monte and then Solomon/Babb vs Burton. (If those 6 show up)

Do you know who will be in the dunk contest? or three-point contest?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Do you know who will be in the dunk contest? or three-point contest?
According the CCL Twitter account, Holden and Burton will be in the dunk contest. (I have my doubts Holden shows up because he doesn't play tonight so I could see him not wanting to drive down to dunk it 3 times. Don't let me influence your decision on going because I really don't know who will show.)

3 point contest: (again according to their twitter account).
-Monte Morris

And it says "and more!". Don't know if any other ISU guys are in it.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Naz went down with what looked like an ankle injury tonight. Hopefully it isn't bad.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Naz went down with what looked like an ankle injury tonight. Hopefully it isn't bad.

Naz looked to be in good spirits after the game. However, he did have his leg up on the bleachers and his ankle all wrapped up.

Now if we can just get an Iowa State shirt for the athletic trainer.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Naz looked to be in good spirits after the game. However, he did have his leg up on the bleachers and his ankle all wrapped up.

Now if we can just get an Iowa State shirt for the athletic trainer.

yeah, But it was a scary looking thing. He was on the phone with someone and then the trainer was talking to them. I suppose they were deciding what to do.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Naz tells me there is nothing to worry about and he's going to be fine. Let's hope he's not just being optimistic and he actually know he's fine.

Help Support Us

Become a patron