***2016 NFL Draft Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Looking at who is out there, I'd love if Minnesota was able to snag someone like Su'a Cravens, Vonn Bell, or Cody Whitehair with their 2nd round pick.

Sounds a lot like my wish list for Indy. I'd also add Yannick Ngakoue, although early-mid second round is maybe reaching a bit. Early projections had him going on the third day but he's been rising. High upside edge rusher.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting to note that Laquon Treadwell has the same 40 yard time of Larry Fitzgerald. 4.63 seconds. And who would not want Larry Fitzgerald?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It would be nice to see TT move up in the draft, but he never does it and he obviously has had success drafting so I will let him do his thing. As far as other options at ILB I saw that we could draft Scooby Wright (Arizona) 6'0 239 lbs. Another option would be Beniquez Brown out of Mississippi State. 6'1 229 lbs. I'd prefer Scooby because I remember him being a beast in college, however I know he had an injury not that long ago. Should be interesting to see how they address a big need of ILB!

Good player but probably won't hold up in the pro game.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
1. Reggie Ragland, Alabama (90)
2. Joshua Perry, Ohio State (78)
3. Nick Kwiatkoski, West Virginia (70)
4. B.J. Goodson, Clemson (69)
5. Tyler Matakevich, Temple (61)
6. Blake Martinez, Stanford (60)
7. Josh Forrest, Kentucky (59)
8. Nick Vigil, Utah State (57)
9. Scooby Wright III, Arizona (56)
10. Kentrell Brothers, Missouri (55)

This is Todd McShay's top 10 inside linebacker rankings
Obviously my source wasn't very accurate with Scooby and the Mississippi St. kid lol

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Looking at who is out there, I'd love if Minnesota was able to snag someone like Su'a Cravens, Vonn Bell, or Cody Whitehair with their 2nd round pick.

I think if Whitehair is available they'll jump on him. Unless they think they've done enough to address the OL already.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

If Bell slides past Miami he could be there for the Vikes in round 2. Will be interesting to see if they take him or wait for a bigger guys like Green or Killibrew in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Creed11

Jun 13, 2011
Ames
I think if Whitehair is available they'll jump on him. Unless they think they've done enough to address the OL already.

Whitehair would be good or if someone like Spriggs was there I could see them taking him and move someone inside.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
ESPN main page headline: "Root for Laremy Tunsil, who handled his draft-night tumble like a grown-up"

Own up to smoking weed and taking improper benefits while continuously saying "I'm blessed..." and everything will be okay.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
ESPN main page headline: "Root for Laremy Tunsil, who handled his draft-night tumble like a grown-up"

Own up to smoking weed and taking improper benefits while continuously saying "I'm blessed..." and everything will be okay.

Maybe some future First Round pick saw it and says to his buddy:
"Maybe I shouldn't record this epic bong rip. It might cost me up to 10 million dollars!"

Or better yet, decides not to smoke pot at all. Play in the NFL for 10 years, retire, and buy a multimillion dollar home in Colorado and smoke as much as you want for the rest of your life.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Maybe some future First Round pick saw it and says to his buddy:
"Maybe I shouldn't record this epic bong rip. It might cost me up to 10 million dollars!"

Or better yet, decides not to smoke pot at all. Play in the NFL for 10 years, retire, and buy a multimillion dollar home in Colorado and smoke as much as you want for the rest of your life.

Active players can smoke as much as they want as long as they aren't stupid about it. The period for recreational drug use testing is 4/20 (seriously) through mid August. As long as a player isn't already in the substance abuse program (where they can be randomly tested at any time throughout the year) all they have to do is refrain from smoking until they've taken their one test after the window for testing begins and then they can smoke all they want until the next spring. Not that I'd know anything about it, but I guess if testing opens on 4/20 a guy would want to lay off the stuff around mid-late March.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sounds like the second round could start like the first, QBs going 1-2.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Myles Jack to Jacksonville. High risk/reward but in the 2nd round it's a good roll of the dice - especially for a team like the Jags

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Thought the Chiefs needed to address the secondary, but it's a good pick. Can never have too many good D Linemen.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
KC takes the guy who loses his junk at the combine. Seems like there is some poetic thing to say about that and going to the Chiefs.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I know you some of you Packer fans wanted a LB, but getting a tackle was a good pick.

Hoping the Bears go defensive back at 56, though wouldn't be terribly disappointed with a QB

Help Support Us

Become a patron