**2017 Cap City Thread**

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Starting this so we have a place to discuss the games and so I can post my highlights/report who is playing.

First game is tomorrow: As of now, these are the players I know that aren't playing tomorrow.

-Lindell Wigginton (Not playing until after July 9th.)

-Jeff Beverly (Says he's not playing until the beginning of July)

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Starting this so we have a place to discuss the games and so I can post my highlights/report who is playing.

First game is tomorrow: As of now, these are the players I know that aren't playing tomorrow.

-Lindell Wigginton (Not playing until after July 9th.)

-Jeff Beverly (Says he's not playing until the beginning of July)
Did Beverly tell you why he's not playing until July?

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
What was going to a very interesting season with new players like Beverly, Wigginton, and Long has turned into a typical ISU football season.

It's over before it start
Lewis, Lard, Shayok and Jacobsen will all still be there, and I talked to one of the coaches, and it sounds like Curtis Stinson will be filling in for Wigginton, so I'd say far from over!

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I think Beverly has some kind of lingering injury that he is working through. Nothing major but why risk it?

Still have new guys like Jacobson, Shayok, Lewis and Lard to see play -- Lewis and Lard will be key guys for next season.

Hearing rumblings that Curtis Stinson will be playing a few games, including tonight for Lion's Club team that is missing Beverly and Wigginton. That should make them competitive until their ISU guys are back on the court.

Will update post if I hear anything different on Stinson.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
According to some people on 247, Cameron lard isn't playing tonight due to an injured hip. Man, this is going to be an underwhelming season of CCL. I don't know how often I'll go down to Des Moines to get highlights.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
According to some people on 247, Cameron lard isn't playing tonight due to an injured hip. Man, this is going to be an underwhelming season of CCL. I don't know how often I'll go down to Des Moines to get highlights.

Lard was one of the main ones I was excited to see. The other thing I'm curious about is whether Lewis is more of a 2/3 wing, or 3/4 forward.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
With all these injuries, we may need more than nine players.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, did Stinson tear it up tonight?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
2/3

I just don't see him at the 4 like a surprisingly high number of people keep saying. Looks like a coverboy 3 to me.

Haven't seen a lot of people projecting him at the 4. If anything, more people are starting to project him as a 2. But I agree, looks like a quintessential 3 to me. He could maybe use a little more bounce, but his high IQ and hustle will be more than make up for an extra 4 inches on his vertical. Excited to watch him.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I feel like there was some freshman orientation thing last year that kept Solo and Long out the first game of Cap City. Might be a similar deal.