2017 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I agree the Cards will be sitting home come playoff time again....Its time to get rid of Mo and find a general manager who can aquire talent better than the rest of the national league teams now possess......

I put much more of the blame on Matheny at this point. Yes, he went to the post season each of his first 4 years, but he inherited a strong core from LaRussa. He is awful at in-game decisions and managing the bullpen. He gives too much loyalty to veteran players that are on the downhill side of their careers. He is not good at establishing a team identity and setting the culture for the group.

The fact that he is trying to replicate Maddon in Chicago is very telling. That tells me he's not sure what he's doing and is just trying to copy someone who just won the WS.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I put much more of the blame on Matheny at this point. Yes, he went to the post season each of his first 4 years, but he inherited a strong core from LaRussa. He is awful at in-game decisions and managing the bullpen. He gives too much loyalty to veteran players that are on the downhill side of their careers. He is not good at establishing a team identity and setting the culture for the group.

The fact that he is trying to replicate Maddon in Chicago is very telling. That tells me he's not sure what he's doing and is just trying to copy someone who just won the WS.
I agree the Cards will be sitting home come playoff time again....Its time to get rid of Mo and find a general manager who can aquire talent better than the rest of the national league teams now possess......
Just for perspective the Cardinals have the best record in baseball over the last 3 years as of last year. I'm not thrilled with the team right now, but I think people are drastically overreacting. The team is really in a transition/rebuilding period right now. We have a lot of veterans who have served us well, but we also have quite a few young new faces. Take it this way, if we are currently rebuilding and looking for the next era, then look at the results of almost competing for titles. That would say a lot about the organization.

Hopefully we can continue to improve for this year and the future.

Edit:http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163870272/mlb-teams-with-best-records-past-3-seasons/

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I also use to really like Wong too. This guy is falling apart now.

Wong is my least favorite Cardinal. And we still have Jonathon Broxton on the roster. Hes always saying how he wants to be elite. Yes, he's gotten a raw deal at times with sporadic playing time. However, it's up to him to perform. I'm tired of his talk and him acting like he's so pissed at himself every time he screws up.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Carlos Martinez thank you! When you LOOK like a champion, you PLAY like a champion. You did need a change, now the rest of the team should follow suit! Trim It Up Boys

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron