ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Among those odds, bang for buck, most attractive to me are Michigan State, West Virginia and Oregon. UO at 60-1, Vegas must assume several players are bolting to pro.

I would never lay money on WV in the big dance. Once they run into an officiating crew outside of the usual Big 12 guys their style of play comes back to bite them.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
WV will inevitably run into a crew like last night that calls fouls every 30 seconds...panic sets in...team starts chucking up 3-pt shots...fail. It works great in a conference where the refs are used to their *rap defense...not so much everywhere else.

As to ISU at 80:1...why not. Prohm has shown that he can develop a team...do that with the pieces already here and coming in and it will be an entertaining season again.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Probably a good point. But it's mid- to long-shot at 25-1, so might be worth a risk. Plus WVU has a ton of players returning (at least assuming so).

They are losing 5 guys including Adrian, but their style of play doesn't rely on studs. You just need bodies you can keep rolling out who can keep picking up fouls. They do return Carter though, which is the one name I know on their returning roster.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Among those odds, bang for buck, most attractive to me are Michigan State, West Virginia and Oregon. UO at 60-1, Vegas must assume several players are bolting to pro.

Gotta love Michigan State even if Bridges leaves. I also like USC as a long shot.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
They are losing 5 guys including Adrian, but their style of play doesn't rely on studs. You just need bodies you can keep rolling out who can keep picking up fouls. They do return Carter though, which is the one name I know on their returning roster.

I was reading their boards and they really like West at PF even though he was missing everything in the tournament. They could conceivably be better at every single position.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Carter's back? God, it feels like he's been there forever already.

I like Syracuse at 100-1. I think Boeheim has his last scandal far enough behind him now where he can resume his blatant cheating.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I was reading their boards and they really like West at PF even though he was missing everything in the tournament. They could conceivably be better at every single position.

I think they should be at least as good next season. Adrian and Phillip are gone, but still have Carter, Ahmad and Miles, plus several role players with significant minutes.