Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Congrats to this year's inductees:

Jim Thome
Chipper Jones
Vladimir Guerrero
Trevor Hoffman

I was really glad to see Chipper and Gentleman Jim make it. Two really really classy guys.

Hopefully they don't get overshadowed by the guys that didn't make it in.

https://www.mlb.com/news/chipper-vlad-hoffman-thome-in-hall-of-fame/c-265262266

Thome's 612 HR's make him a lock first ballot. Everyone else, I'm not so sure about. Good players, but Hall of Fame guys so soon? I guess so, good career stats, but neither with 500/3000 and Chipper and Vlad were never League leaders in any major category that I can recall.

Hoffman was very good at what he did and his numbers are hard to argue with.

All solid picks, but nobody really wows me, Thome would have when home runs were still a thing.

I

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Thome's 612 HR's make him a lock first ballot. Everyone else, I'm not so sure about. Good players, but Hall of Fame guys so soon? I guess so, good career stats, but neither with 500/3000 and Chipper and Vlad were never League leaders in any major category that I can recall.

Hoffman was very good at what he did and his numbers are hard to argue with.

All solid picks, but nobody really wows me, Thome would have when home runs were still a thing.

I

If you look at the defining stats from the article I linked, their numbers were Hall-worthy.

I knew Chipper had great numbers compared to other 3rd baseman and was sure he was going in, but I honestly never realized that Guerrero's career BA was so good. That dude swung at (and hit) anything within 10 feet of the plate. I remember hit lacing a double to the wall after it bounced in front of the plate. lol

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
If you look at the defining stats from the article I linked, their numbers were Hall-worthy.

I knew Chipper had great numbers compared to other 3rd baseman and was sure he was going in, but I honestly never realized that Guerrero's career BA was so good. That dude swung at (and hit) anything within 10 feet of the plate. I remember hit lacing a double to the wall after it bounced in front of the plate. lol

They both have very solid career numbers, Hall of Fame numbers for sure. There was a day that they would have waited a little longer. Both Hall of Famers sure, but not all-timers by any means.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Chipper Jones is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer. I was also blown away by Vlads career batting average. I remember him leaning and lunging clear into the opposite box and hitting it over the wall. That guy could hit the ball no matter where the pitcher put it. He would swing at anything.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Chipper Jones is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer. I was also blown away by Vlads career batting average. I remember him leaning and lunging clear into the opposite box and hitting it over the wall. That guy could hit the ball no matter where the pitcher put it. He would swing at anything.

George Brett he is not.

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Vlad's cannon in the outfield was really impressive as well.
Glad to see Thome make it, fellow Peoria, IL native and class act.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid