2018 Maui Tournament

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
See tix available to general public today... wonder if any are left before go about filling out the application.

Anyone else going and trying to get tickets elsewhere outside of the travel agency?

That's what I'll be doing as well - ended up having enough SPG points available that I was able to get the Sheraton for 5 nights with points! Now just trying to figure out about how to go about getting tickets, as it appears its all a package deal.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: isu81

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
See tix available to general public today... wonder if any are left before go about filling out the application.

Anyone else going and trying to get tickets elsewhere outside of the travel agency?

We've booked rooms (we have a friend that owns a condo near Lahaina and are staying there). No idea how we'll get tickets yet, but if we can't find them online (separate from the package) we'll try scalping. And if that fails, watch it on TV at the Dirty Monkey.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I am interested in this. Are tickets that hard to come by? Most games I have seen in the past have many empty seats in the arena.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Over Christmas, I tried to convince my family we should go to this tournament. My dad and sister went to Illinois, I went to ISU, my girlfriend went to Arizona.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
That's what I'll be doing as well - ended up having enough SPG points available that I was able to get the sheraton for 5 nights with points! Now just trying to figure out about how to go about getting tickets, as it apperas its all a package deal.
As far as I know this is the only way to guarantee tickets...by getting the package deal. And, as of today, only the lowest tier of rooms in the hotel is left as all other packages have sold out. Additionally, you only get tickets to the Iowa State games and you will not know where your seats are until after the 1st game is played. But, I'm sure that you can get tickets without a package...secondary market.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Friends who sit near us at the games told us they booked a condo for them, and their three grown children (plus spouses). They're hoping to buy when the individual game tickets go on sale. They figure even if that fails, and scalping fails, they will STILL be in Hawaii on vacation. :)

We bought our ticket package through the venue; we knew the ISU packages probably would not drop down to our donation level. We also assumed (looking at the lineup) that the individual tickets will be harder to come by. Scalping may work for getting tickets. The venue packages contain "all games" and it's unlikely that we will use all of our tickets, so we may be selling off to fans of other teams when the Clones aren't playing.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Friends who sit near us at the games told us they booked a condo for them, and their three grown children (plus spouses). They're hoping to buy when the individual game tickets go on sale. They figure even if that fails, and scalping fails, they will STILL be in Hawaii on vacation. :)

We bought our ticket package through the venue; we knew the ISU packages probably would not drop down to our donation level. We also assumed (looking at the lineup) that the individual tickets will be harder to come by. Scalping may work for getting tickets. The venue packages contain "all games" and it's unlikely that we will use all of our tickets, so we may be selling off to fans of other teams when the Clones aren't playing.
I thought that too on all games being part of the package, but the link from Iowa State clearly stated only Iowa State games were part of the ticket package.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I thought that too on all games being part of the package, but the link from Iowa State clearly stated only Iowa State games were part of the ticket package.
There are two different packages.

One gets you only tickets to Iowa State games and Iowa State controls who can buy them through the normal donation priority system. The other gets you tickets to all games (in a gen admission section) and is bought directly from the Maui tournament website. My wife and in-laws got all session packages in December

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There are two different packages.

One gets you only tickets to Iowa State games and Iowa State controls who can buy them through the normal donation priority system. The other gets you tickets to all games (in a gen admission section) and is bought directly from the Maui tournament website. My wife and in-laws got all session packages in December
Makes sense...thanks. I see too that additional all sessions go on sale in August.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Trying to decide which hotel to book still. The Andaz is calling my name but it's 30 miles away from the arena. Westin or Ritz is most likely gonna be what I do and hope to snag up a ticket package in August