2018 Stock Prediction

DollaDollaBill

Mar 2, 2010
CR
I love the weed stocks. I'm pretty heavy into Canopy Growth. It's up 160 percent for me right now but will go up and down 20 percent daily. It's fun if you have the stomach for it.
I bought into Aurora Cannabis last spring at $1.85. Closed today at $11.35 and has been over $12 earlier this year. A lot of Canadian weed stocks are going to run up in the next few months before legalization.

L

LincolnWay187

You guys should just buy the marijuana ETFs rather than the individual stocks.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I read that two new ETFs opened last week to buy companies that are investing in blockchain technology - BLCN and BLOK. They filter out the junk that just adds "blockchain" to their company name and take the largest 20 companies that say they're doing blockchain research in their SEC filings. Might be a good way to buy into the crypto craze without buying crypto.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
That’s what I did. I just put a little on there to mess around. It’s pretty fun and the set up is easy. I have not posted it, but if you wanna do it here ya go:

https://share.robinhood.com/jeffres863

I used your link, and my free stock is Sprint. First glance looks like it's had a rough year, but maybe they'll bounce back?

Did you get the same one or is it random?

Reactions: Cyclone.TV

InCyder99

Jul 12, 2016
I don't know if this counts as stocks or not but I bought 1/2 of a bitcoin right during the 1st week of January. I had a bunch of old savings bonds and my grandma gave me some Christmas money and some of my own. Anyway holy cow but it's not going well. Should I sell now or wait for it to go up?

I bought it at just over $16,500 and the next day it shot up like a thousand bucks or something and it's been down since then. Right now it's just over $11,000 and the money I put in was like all I had except for my work retirement stuff. My uncle told me that bitcoin is going to $1,000,000 so maybe I should hold. But yeah, safe to say it's NOT going the way I planned lol.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I used your link, and my free stock is Sprint. First glance looks like it's had a rough year, but maybe they'll bounce back?

Did you get the same one or is it random?

Nice, thanks! It’s somewhat random they say, as I got Zynga. When I joined I got Sirius. And I absolutely hate that company.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I don't know if this counts as stocks or not but I bought 1/2 of a bitcoin right during the 1st week of January. I had a bunch of old savings bonds and my grandma gave me some Christmas money and some of my own. Anyway holy cow but it's not going well. Should I sell now or wait for it to go up?

I bought it at just over $16,500 and the next day it shot up like a thousand bucks or something and it's been down since then. Right now it's just over $11,000 and the money I put in was like all I had except for my work retirement stuff. My uncle told me that bitcoin is going to $1,000,000 so maybe I should hold. But yeah, safe to say it's NOT going the way I planned lol.

For some reason I don’t believe you.

InCyder99

Jul 12, 2016
For some reason I don’t believe you.
I wish I was joking right now. It makes me nervous but I just try not to look at it. And I'm not saying I think it'll be a million. It's just what my uncle told me. So I bought some (or half of one actually) and I put it on this USB like thing called a Nano and put it in the bank so I wouldn't think about it.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I wish I was joking right now. It makes me nervous but I just try not to look at it. And I'm not saying I think it'll be a million. It's just what my uncle told me. So I bought some (or half of one actually) and I put it on this USB like thing called a Nano and put it in the bank so I wouldn't think about it.

You put all the money you had into 1/2 if a coin of btc? Does your uncle hate you?

InCyder99

Jul 12, 2016
You put all the money you had into 1/2 if a coin of btc? Does your uncle hate you?
Ok well first off it's not all my money cause I put some into my work retirement stuff. Also I don't want to blame my uncle or anything. He has been talking a lot about bitcoin so I asked him some questions about it over christmas and then on my own I set up a user and bought it.

But yeah it's a big chunk of my money. I rent and I don't owe anything on a car or anything so I'm fine but yeah it makes me nervous. I just heard a bunch of people all through november and december that invested in these coins and like double or tripled their money in a month or two. So I guess I got greedy.

I guess I should just think that if I had $5500 today would I invest it? And the answer is no. But man I'd feel bad cause once I cash out I've lost.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Ok well first off it's not all my money cause I put some into my work retirement stuff. Also I don't want to blame my uncle or anything. He has been talking a lot about bitcoin so I asked him some questions about it over christmas and then on my own I set up a user and bought it.

But yeah it's a big chunk of my money. I rent and I don't owe anything on a car or anything so I'm fine but yeah it makes me nervous. I just heard a bunch of people all through november and december that invested in these coins and like double or tripled their money in a month or two. So I guess I got greedy.

I guess I should just think that if I had $5500 today would I invest it? And the answer is no. But man I'd feel bad cause once I cash out I've lost.

Double down and see if you can get a margin loan to buy more.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
it would be closer to $24.7k.

Say you bought it for $6500 (not the lowest in Nov). That would give you about 2.53 BTC. About $28k. My point it, markets are all about timing. You can pick and choose your dates. Stock market is a risk, albeit a safer one than btc. But I still think you should have a small position in it.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Say you bought it for $6500 (not the lowest in Nov). That would give you about 2.53 BTC. About $28k. My point it, markets are all about timing. You can pick and choose your dates. Stock market is a risk, albeit a safer one than btc. But I still think you should have a small position in it.

This is false and dangerous advice. study after study after study has shown it's "time, not timing" when it comes to successful investing.

JP Morgan did a recent study of this. if an investor stayed fully invested in the S&P 500 from 1993 to 2013 (5,200 trading days!), they would've had a 9.2% annualized return.

However, if trying to time the market resulted in them missing just the ten best days during that same period, then those annualized returns would collapse to 5.4%. Those 10 days grew their returns by 50%!.

The best 60 days (only 1% of all trading days) accounted for the entire growth of their portfolio.

Do you know when those days are coming? if you did, you'd be on a yacht in southern France. The best financial professionals don't know when those 10 (or 60) days are. You cannot beat the market long-term by timing.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I wish I had more free money to invest. Otherwise, I'd buy some more weed stocks. Right now, I have a penny stock in REFG, which is a payment solution for weed companies.