2019 Commits Stats & Senior Performance

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I hope he returns to 5* form (and rankings) while giving the returning schools who recruited him a big peace sign.
Me too but best case scenario would probably be top 100 and 4-star. Rising from 200+ to top 30 in one HS season would be insane.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I hope he returns to 5* form (and rankings) while giving the returning schools who recruited him a big peace sign.

He is going to have between 8 and 12 chances to do so to KU for the next four years.

* * *​

I like how his high school seems to be using our font for BELIEVE THE WARNING.

D

Deleted member 8507

I like his skills but he sure looks skinny in the tv news segment. I am sure the nutrition and S&C at ISU will do him wonders.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not concerned about "skinny," same critique re: Halliburton last year. From the video clip, he looks super quick with a great handle. Looking forward to what he can do once he's 100% recovered.

I think people tend to...

(1.) Overestimate the role that size plays in modern basketball... the "basketbrawl" days of the 1990s are becoming a distant memory nowadys

(2.) Be thrown off by the proportions of these players... forgetting how tall and long they are, spreading their weight and mass out further

(3.) Not realize how strong somebody can still be even if their proportions make them look skinny without some context... NBA players are incredibly tall and lanky and have very little body fat, but that does not mean they are anything but very strong

The same goes for college players. I think it must be true for Haliburton.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sounds like Leech was pretty good, in that first tweet, he's got almost as many points as the opposing team. Didn't look like the best competition but he looked similar to some of his Fr/So highlights. Really like him off the dribble, if THT sticks around a couple more years, those two could be really tough to keep out of the paint.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
A local news coverage's clip from Marcedus Leech's game last night:

http://www.kait8.com/2018/11/30/jonesboro-nettleton-win-opening-day-hurricane-classic/
Thanks for posting. Suggest y'all take a quick look at the clip. Leech is very smooth, just glides as he's dribbling up the floor and through folks. What a great pick-up.

Tre Jackson also looks very good in the clips I've seen - really handles the ball and can definitely shoot. I don't get why he's not well known, maybe it's because he's just 6' or so and doesn't have a 4-ft vertical. The kid can play.

Haven't seen as much on Luke Anderson, but he has a nice stroke and good height. Looks like a very-good class.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Sounds like Leech was pretty good, in that first tweet, he's got almost as many points as the opposing team. Didn't look like the best competition but he looked similar to some of his Fr/So highlights. Really like him off the dribble, if THT sticks around a couple more years, those two could be really tough to keep out of the paint.

he has a great looking shot as well.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and heitclone