2020 Iowa State Women's Soccer

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Per Pollard, tomorrow there'll be a release for plans for fans at Iowa State Volleyball and Iowa State Soccer. It sounds like these sports will have fans but not charging for tickets? Commonplace for Iowa State soccer. They don't normally charge for entry. Games are Friday nights as follows:

Sep 11 (Fri) TBA Home West Virginia Ames, Iowa

Sep 18 (Fri) 7:00 PM Away Oklahoma State Stillwater, Okla.

Sep 25 (Fri) TBA Home Baylor Ames, Iowa

Oct 2 (Fri) 7:00 PM Away TCU Fort Worth, Texas

Oct 9 (Fri) 7:00 PM Away Oklahoma Norman, Okla.

Oct 16 (Fri) TBA Home Texas Ames, Iowa

Oct 23 (Fri) 7:15 PM Away Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas

Oct 30 (Fri) TBA Home Kansas State Ames, Iowa

Nov 6 (Fri) 7:00 PM Away Kansas Lawrence, Kan.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I’m sad that Big Ten cancelled all of their fall sports. I’ve really enjoyed going to the “free” sports since I’ve been in CBus: m & W soccer and field hockey especially. Nice to be able to just ride the bike and walk right in or have a little mini tailgate in the parking lot for soccer.

Reactions: simville02

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
I’m sad that Big Ten cancelled all of their fall sports. I’ve really enjoyed going to the “free” sports since I’ve been in CBus: m & W soccer and field hockey especially. Nice to be able to just ride the bike and walk right in or have a little mini tailgate in the parking lot for soccer.

I've never been, but they usually have pretty good environments. I think the only Big Ten soccer facilities I've been to are Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois. Amazing how far some of these facilities have come. Lots of great ones in the Big 12.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've never been, but they usually have pretty good environments. I think the only Big Ten soccer facilities I've been to are Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois. Amazing how far some of these facilities have come. Lots of great ones in the Big 12.

I’ve gotten used to the stadium for OSU soccer but I wish they had their own more intimate venue (currently at Jesse Owens stadium with a track around it). It’s very nice and new but not very intimate for soccer. I know tOSU has been splashing cash left and right to get each sport their own venue in the new “sports district”. Wrestling and Vball opened their new spots last year, huge indoor tennis facility nearing completion. Soccer should be up soon.

it’s definitely part of the draw for me, some of the soccer facilities I see while watching games on espn+ are really unique and cool.

Reactions: simville02

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
I’ve gotten used to the stadium for OSU soccer but I wish they had their own more intimate venue (currently at Jesse Owens stadium with a track around it). It’s very nice and new but not very intimate for soccer. I know tOSU has been splashing cash left and right to get each sport their own venue in the new “sports district”. Wrestling and Vball opened their new spots last year, huge indoor tennis facility nearing completion. Soccer should be up soon.

it’s definitely part of the draw for me, some of the soccer facilities I see while watching games on espn+ are really unique and cool.
Love checking out new stadiums and campuses! So many unique venues.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Another win for the Cyclones tonight! 1-0 win in Norman.

In preseason, picked tied for 9th and have now beat OU & Baylor. A lot of unknowns coming into the season with a new squad and coaching stuff, but awesome seeing them taking care of business. Host Texas Friday!

Reactions: Jammin’