NFL: ***2020 NFL Draft Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
With the Draft tomorrow figured I would start this up. Hopefully we gets some trades & surprises.

Here is the NFL Network's Draft "expert" final Mock Draft:

Fox Sports Joel Klatt did one as well:

EWNcGU8UEAss2_d

Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My Packers need a WR weapon for Rodgers to go along with Adams and Lazard. Either that or a OT to replace Bulaga.

If they go QB in rd 1 like some have said.... I give up.

They have a 2-3 year window to possibly win another Super Bowl with Rodgers. They need to go all out and surround him with weapons NOW!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I just want the New York football Giants to take a goddam OL at 4. Please.

Seriously.

Please.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just want the New York football Giants to take a goddam OL at 4. Please.

Seriously.

Please.

Just admit it.... you're not even a Giants fan... you just want to see Wirfs go #4. ;)

I do think Wirfs is a homerun pick though. I don't think he'll ever be the best OL in the league, but he will be a very solid long time NFL starter for sure.

Sounds like Epenesa will probably go late first round as well. That's a reach IMO. Disappeared way too often at Iowa and is mostly a situational player. Teams would run at him on purpose. He wasn't good against the run.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just admit it.... you're not even a Giants fan... you just want to see Wirfs go #4. ;)

I do think Wirfs is a homerun pick though. I don't think he'll ever be the best OL in the league, but he will be a very solid long time NFL starter for sure.

Sounds like Epenesa will probably go late first round as well. That's a reach IMO. Disappeared way too often at Iowa and is mostly a situational player. Teams would run at him on purpose. He wasn't good against the run.

I've been a NYG fan since 1984.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've been a NYG fan since 1984.

I believe you. But just admit it, you want to see Wirfs in a NYG uniform. I wouldn't blame you for that. Hard to pass on a sure thing NFL starter at the tackle position. There is no way Wirfs will be a bust. That's huge.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Reports coming out Falcons tried trading up to Redskins #2 and the Skins are staying put.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Lot of talk about Tua slipping. We'll see if its just smoke another team is putting out there

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I believe you. But just admit it, you want to see Wirfs in a NYG uniform. I wouldn't blame you for that. Hard to pass on a sure thing NFL starter at the tackle position. There is no way Wirfs will be a bust. That's huge.

I'd be down with Wirfs or Becton. I've been wanting them to focus on the OL the past several drafts, ever since Flowers proved to be a bust. Hernandez at G wasn't bad but other than that they've done nothing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lot of talk about Tua slipping. We'll see if its just smoke another team is putting out there

I think where Tua goes could be the most interesting thing to watch tomorrow night. A lot of other things seem pretty well established. I guess Jordan Love is another interesting tidbit. I've seen him anywhere from middle of round 1, to not going in round 1 at all.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think where Tua goes could be the most interesting thing to watch tomorrow night. A lot of other things seem pretty well established. I guess Jordan Love is another interesting tidbit. I've seen him anywhere from middle of round 1, to not going in round 1 at all.
Theres a stat out there that a lefty hasn't made an NFL pass in like two years. Crazy.

Apr 14, 2020

AJ had an 85 grade against the run per PFF.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
A lot of smoke coming out about the Chiefs trading Chris Jones before the draft tomorrow and then taking the TCU DT as a replacement.

Hope not. Jones was one of the reasons the Chiefs won the SB. Hopefully we can have him for the repeat and then you’ll probably have to cut ties.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I have been doing mock drafts for a long time and do two every year - one with no trades and one with. I predict the picks correctly just as well as any of the experts, and I put in hundreds of hours scouting players and all that. So I want to throw out a crazy trade scenario.....

First off... The Chargers jump up to #4 and take Justin Herbert. The Dolphins surprise everyone and pass on Tua. Instead, they trade pick #5 and a late 3rd round pick to Jacksonville for pick #9 and a 2021 1st round pick. The plan is to have the ammunition to trade up for Trevor Lawrence in next year's draft. So in the meantime, they focus on building an o-line and getting weapons for when Lawrence arrives next year. They select Mekhi Becton with pick #9, Cesar Ruiz with pick # 18, Justin Jefferson with pick #26 and D'Andre Swift with pick #39. They added some solid defensive players in free agency so they can focus on offense in the draft. With their other 2nd round pick, I have them taking Grant Delpit, and then it's back to adding offensive players in round 3.

I have the Vikings taking Ruggs with pick #22 after Philly passes on him to take Kenneth Murray, and then I have Minnesota taking DE Yetur Gross-Matos at pick 25.