***2021-22 Bowl Games Discussion Thread***

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The loss to Wisco was ugly and brutal but the fact that they got Beth Mowins almost makes it worth it.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
leach1-articleLarge.jpg

josh-heupel-vols.jpeg

He looked pretty athletic in his prime. Probably a hell of lot more athletic than any of us. He just let himself go is all. I'm sure his wife is hot though.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Can someone explain the hate for her? She seems way better than that idiot calling our game.

To me it's just the voice. Certain words she says makes her sound like a pirate. When she did our game with ttu she butchered Charlie's last name. So it's about right she's doing the latest bowl game of the night.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
To me it's just the voice. Certain words she says makes her sound like a pirate. When she did our game with ttu she butchered Charlie's last name. So it's about right she's down the latest bowl game of the night.

And paired tonight with an equally brutal color guy in Gilmore.

She at least seems neutral as opposed to the pxp guy that seemed to be a Clemson cheerleader.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
She at least seems neutral as opposed to the pxp guy that seemed to be a Clemson cheerleader.

I don't think she's as bad as she's made out to be, but that doesn't mean I think she's good. She seems to be generic yet tries too hard to add personality, it just comes off as being awkward.

That said, others have claimed she's really good during Cubs broadcasts, so there's that.

• Agree

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
To me it's just the voice. Certain words she says makes her sound like a pirate. When she did our game with ttu she butchered Charlie's last name. So it's about right she's down the latest bowl game of the night.

And paired tonight with an equally brutal color guy in Gilmore.

It’s not Gilmore. It’s former Raider Kirk Morrison.

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Cherokee, Iowa
No. She doesn't suck. I believe she is competent and effective and has knowledge of the game. Maybe she mispronounces a name or two, but that's small in terms of calling a multi-hour game.

• Agree

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Why did Beth Mowins welcome in the people watching the MSU game which ended 30 minutes ago??
I’m listening to the game on Sirius as I drive from the kc airport after returning from Orlando and the Sirius announcers said they delayed the start of the Las Vegas bowl because the peach bowl went long.

fyi with 3 minutes to go in the Las Vegas bo they are playing sweet Caroline inthe stadium.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
B1G doing well is fine...those are some teams that had nice seasons and played well in their bowls.

It's the insecure fans that haven't said a word all season that will be back to the norm.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
SEC now 1-5 in bowl games. What a powerhouse league. Probably a chance Texas gets to 6-6 in that league now if their unbalanced schedule breaks right.