***2021-22 NCAA Mens Basketball Thread***

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
He'll be fine, stop worrying about it.
He's our best player, it's fair to be concerned about when he's coming back.

But the whole reason I said anything in the first place is because you're saying other people have issues, but you're the person who doesn't care when an opposing player gets injured. I think that's a bigger issue

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Quite a few 'experts' have San Francisco ahead of us in seeding...would be nice to see them get blown out against Gonzaga tonight. They're down 20 at the half...let's make it 30+

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Just stating facts, Wisconsin has a .200 winning percentage against Iowa the last 3 years, but yeah, they totally own them.

I knew Wiscosnin was a fraud, they barely beat the 3 worst teams in the conference by 1 point each and it finally caught up to them in the worst Power 6 loss of any team this year.

I don't have any issues with Davis either, hes a solid player for them so hopefully he's not out for thr tourney.

Fraud? 2 Quad 1 wins in a major conference is a fraud

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Quite a few 'experts' have San Francisco ahead of us in seeding...would be nice to see them get blown out against Gonzaga tonight. They're down 20 at the half...let's make it 30+
Zags started cruising a little early. SF trying to make it single digits.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Why? They finished in the round of 32 last year(same as Iowa), returned alot of players, beat Iowa head to head, and have better wins than Iowa this year.

Because they went 6-4 in the noncon with losses to Layfayette, UMass, and Depaul?

Reactions: Acylum

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
That's why it's surprising they finished over Iowa, because they obviously aren't that good.
Oh that's right. You're the 'iowa is rolling and amazing' guy.

Iowa:
  • 8 of their 12 league wins are against the bottom 5 teams in the Big 10
  • They didn't beat any of the top four teams (0 wins over teams that got a double bye in their tourney)
  • 2-6 in Q1 games
  • 4-8 against likely NCAA tourney teams
  • Lost head to head against Rutgers
Rutgers:
  • Beat Purdue, Illinois, and Wisconsin...all leaders in the Big Ten standings. Iowa's record, again, against those teams is 0-5.
  • 5-3 record against those tied or ahead of them in the standings. Iowa is 1-7
  • 6-5 in Q1 games. Psst: That's three times more than Iowa.
  • 8-5 against likely NCAA tourney teams
  • Beat Iowa head to head
Your turn. Tell me in detail how they aren't that good. And if you think they aren't good, then what does that make Iowa?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh that's right. You're the 'iowa is rolling and amazing' guy.

Iowa:
  • 8 of their 12 league wins are against the bottom 5 teams in the Big 10
  • They didn't beat any of the top four teams (0 wins over teams that got a double bye in their tourney)
  • 2-6 in Q1 games
  • 4-8 against likely NCAA tourney teams
  • Lost head to head against Rutgers
Rutgers:
  • Beat Purdue, Illinois, and Wisconsin...all leaders in the Big Ten standings. Iowa's record, again, against those teams is 0-5.
  • 5-3 record against those tied or ahead of them in the standings. Iowa is 1-7
  • 6-5 in Q1 games. Psst: That's three times more than Iowa.
  • 8-5 against likely NCAA tourney teams
  • Beat Iowa head to head
Your turn. Tell me in detail how they aren't that good. And if you think they aren't good, then what does that make Iowa?

One big difference is Ron Harper Jr. wants to make the plays at the end of games.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Because they went 6-4 in the noncon with losses to Layfayette, UMass, and Depaul?
Who cares, sometimes it takes teams a few weeks to get going. Memphis had some horrendous losses early also and now they look like a tourney team, same with Rutgers.

Pikiell is a solid coach also.