2021 Away Game (farewell?) tour

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
With the pending realignment, I'm taking a strong look at making it to every away game I can this year. My thinking is that there's a chance ISU won't be playing at some of these stadiums anytime in the near future. Obviously some of these teams could land alongside us allowing for future away games at their stadiums. Anyone else planning on a farewell tour?

Sept. 25 @ Baylor
Sept. 16 @ KSU
Oct. 30 @ WVU
Nov. 13 @ Texas Tech

**** going to norman

My top choice would be WVU since 1) I doubt they land wherever we do and 2) I've been wanting to head out there for a while now to see a game there

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I have a feeling that between the remaining 8 schools, there's going to be a vibe of friendly competition... compared to OU/UT where it's going to be downright hostile. Obviously a lot can change between now and game day and more bridges could be in flames

Reactions: agentbear

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Let’s show to OU in droves. Give them a big middle finger after we curb stomp them

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
With the pending realignment, I'm taking a strong look at making it to every away game I can this year. My thinking is that there's a chance ISU won't be playing at some of these stadiums anytime in the near future. Obviously some of these teams could land alongside us allowing for future away games at their stadiums. Anyone else planning on a farewell tour?

Sept. 25 @ Baylor
Sept. 16 @ KSU
Oct. 30 @ WVU
Nov. 13 @ Texas Tech

**** going to norman

My top choice would be WVU since 1) I doubt they land wherever we do and 2) I've been wanting to head out there for a while now to see a game there
I’m not sure why you wouldn’t want to cheer on our team as they embarrass all those jerk OU administrators who voted to leave the conference, right in front of their eyes—in their own stadium.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I’ve never been to a game @WVU, but it sounds like those fans are friendly and know how to have a good time.

I am planning to go to the K-State game this year, since it should be an easy trip.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
Single game tickets through WVU went on sale this past Tuesday. We went in 2019 and had a blast. Nicest fan base in Big 12, and beautiful area. Bought our tickets in section 204 and booked a hotel this week.

• Agree
Reactions: RLD4ISU

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Sept. 25 @ Baylor
Sept. 16 @ KSU
Oct. 30 @ WVU
Nov. 13 @ Texas Tech

**** going to norman

Honestly Oklahoma leaving isn't as reprehensible as Baylor staying.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Single game tickets through WVU went on sale this past Tuesday. We went in 2019 and had a blast. Nicest fan base in Big 12, and beautiful area. Bought our tickets in section 204 and booked a hotel this week.

Where are you staying. I'm seeing hotels for 300+ for a single night in Morgantown

SLCyclone

Apr 4, 2006
Two or three years ago I decided that when I retire, I would travel to all of the away games. I am retiring in three weeks and I have all of my tickets and travel secured. I am ready to go! We went to WV two years ago. That was fun!

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Two or three years ago I decided that when I retire, I would travel to all of the away games. I am retiring in three weeks and I have all of my tickets and travel secured. I am ready to go! We went to WV two years ago. That was fun!
I am in the same boat. Retired effective 7/30/21 and decided a couple of years ago that I would try go to all the away games. I figured it would be a Brock Purdy farewell tour. The Baylor game the week after UNLV will be the toughest one due to the timing.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Where are you staying. I'm seeing hotels for 300+ for a single night in Morgantown
Try Fairmount. It’s about 30 miles south of Morgantown. My wife and I are staying at a Fairfield Inn there for around $90/night.

Reactions: nrg4isu

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Sept. 25 @ Baylor
Sept. 16 @ KSU
Oct. 30 @ WVU
Nov. 13 @ Texas Tech

**** going to norman

We've gone to games at the first two. We tossed around the idea of going to the WVU game last time, but haven't made any decisions regarding away games this year.

Reactions: Jayshellberg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron