2021 NBA playoffs thread

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm no bucks fan or apologist by any means, but damn they have been dragged through the mud through this entire playoffs. I didn't think Kris Middleton was a viable no. 2! The coach looks like a drunk bum and coaches like Steve Prohm!

How did this team do it, even without one of their better playmakers in DiVincenzo? I imagine there are a lot of perplexed haters out there tonight that have posted some pretty dumb things in this thread along the way. I wanted CP3 to get a ring, but I have some pretty mad respect for Giannis and the Bucks and how they took care of business

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Giannis is like a more athletic Shaq for this generation of basketball. People forget how good Shaq was during those three straight finals runs for the Lakers but he was absolutely unstoppable. If Giannis continues to just play at this level they'll be good for a long time.

Reactions: Halincandenza

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Remember when this dude talked about how terrible Giannis is?

Yep, and I owned it.

At the time he wasn’t playing well at all and it was frustrating me to no end because he had the potential to be dominant if he played the right way.

I give him all the credit and I’m so glad the Bucks won and I’m really happy for Giannis especially. As I said last night, that was probably the best individual performance in a Finals game I’ve ever seen.

And he did this the right way too, by not going to a super team. Heck, Durant probably already is demanding a trade to the Bucks now.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
I’m originally from Wisconsin and 50 years old. Been a long wait! I was in diapers for the last championship

Reactions: t-noah

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
This is the right way to win a championship. Not every NBA championship is equal. Very happy for Giannis. I'm glad the Nets didn't win this year. Will be interested to see if CP3 stays in Phoenix or go to the Lakers.

This sounds an awful lot like the Hawkeyes claiming they are doing it the right way. If you can and do win a title then it was the right way for the franchise. Do you think Toronto winning a title was the wrong way?

Don’t get me wrong this is awesome for Milwaukee and stoked for them.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Giannis is like a more athletic Shaq for this generation of basketball. People forget how good Shaq was during those three straight finals runs for the Lakers but he was absolutely unstoppable. If Giannis continues to just play at this level they'll be good for a long time.
He’s basically a modern Wilt Chamberlain. Take Wilt and teach him the euro step and that spin move he uses.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Every time I watch Giannis, he does something no one else can do. He had an entire game like that last night. Amazing to watch, I don't think this years playoffs will ever get enough credit for just how great it was. So many epic performances from guys not named Lebron, Steph or Kawhi. The future of the league looks great.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
This sounds an awful lot like the Hawkeyes claiming they are doing it the right way. If you can and do win a title then it was the right way for the franchise. Do you think Toronto winning a title was the wrong way?

Don’t get me wrong this is awesome for Milwaukee and stoked for them.

@cyrocksmypants What do you disagree with here?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Every time I watch Giannis, he does something no one else can do. He had an entire game like that last night. Amazing to watch, I don't think this years playoffs will ever get enough credit for just how great it was. So many epic performances from guys not named Lebron, Steph or Kawhi. The future of the league looks great.

He was filling it up last night but some of those blocks he was able to pull off were ridiculous. By the end of the game the Pheonix guys were driving the lane with their head on a swivel and most of the times were never looking to take a shot.