hitting it at 1.75 units.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Agreed on Ford. The Mustang has been somewhat popular and the F150 Lightning is going to be a game changer. GM also has a good CEO that seems all in on EV's. Stellantis will just keep selling Chargers and Rams for the next 100 years.
F has been my best performer this year. I went 1.23 units at the start of the year.

Last edited:

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Ford would be a good proxy investment for believers as they own 12% of Rivian. Ford is also proof that all the EV manufacturers are insanely overvalued. IMO, their EV program is currently the top among legacy manufacturers.

They will more than be able to compete. Even if their technology, range, etc. is not up to that of TSLA, the cars themselves are much, much better.

I agree completely on the bolded, but I'm not sure that means much right now. I feel the big boys are going to have trouble shaking 100 years of corporate drudgery and will have trouble moving at a pace that matches the up and comers. The Big 3 aren't guaranteed anything in this race.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I agree completely on the bolded, but I'm not sure that means much right now. I feel the big boys are going to have trouble shaking 100 years of corporate drudgery and will have trouble moving at a pace that matches the up and comers. The Big 3 aren't guaranteed anything in this race.

They'll be fine. By waiting to enter the market, they can start on 3rd base with off the shelf aftermarket parts and not have to invest the insane amount of money on R&D. In reality, they are far more competitive than people imagine. The industry itself is hypercompetitive. Most investors have no idea what exactly these startups are up against. That "corporate drudgery" is mostly a product of beancounting...a critical element to be a solvent company in a capital intensive competitive industry. IMO, those who invest in these new ones or hold on to their Tesla shares at current values are going to wish they hadn't.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I think Tesla is much more about the autonomous data they’ve been collecting for years than just the fact that theyre an EV manufacturer.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Here is what not to do....

In the past, I've kind of paid attention to what my wife was interested in and then bought the stock. Things like coach, Michael Kors, Apple, etc were all things that did well for me.
So a few months ago she mentioned how old navy was doing something impressive. I don't even remember what they were doing. I think it has something to do with being woke and representing fat people or something. Long story short, I bought the stock and it's been straight down since day one. **** old navy and their fat customers.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Here is what not to do....

In the past, I've kind of paid attention to what my wife was interested in and then bought the stock. Things like coach, Michael Kors, Apple, etc were all things that did well for me.
So a few months ago she mentioned how old navy was doing something impressive. I don't even remember what they were doing. I think it has something to do with being woke and representing fat people or something. Long story short, I bought the stock and it's been straight down since day one. **** old navy and their fat customers.
Yeah, old navy has been in a run to BK for a while now.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
From why I read, the dip today was due to the variant announcement yesterday. I’m going to buy more next week after it bottoms out.