2021 Stock Market

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
To me what they did is highly unethical but not sure illegal ... but that fact that multiple trading firms did this at exactly the same time is what needs to be investigated... its more than a Robinhood issue.
I believe it was conveniently disguised as a clearinghouse issue. Seems like a concerted effort.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I think RH should be singled out because their NAME IS ******* ROBINHOOD

Oh absolutely... i have no issue with them being singled out... but just so the others don't get left out.

It certainly is not a clearinghouse issue when its a select group of stocks.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
So I have no idea how any of this works. Say I have $500 that I want to buy doge, what am I looking at here?

The easiest way is to download Robinhood, make account, transfer money, buy DOGE. It’s a cryptocurrency.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The easiest way is to download Robinhood, make account, transfer money, buy DOGE. It’s a cryptocurrency.

If you're looking at getting into this GME or Doge stuff, aren't you just better off downloading the Fan Duel app? Seems less risky.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
RH says crypto’s aren’t available in Iowa? Tried to use the last 1.37 in my account and I can’t.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Explained how we're going to be billionaires to my wife by the end of the month after putting a lot into AMC. Came home today and my wife packed up all her stuff and moved out.

Jokes going to be on her when I'm waving down at her from the moon.

LETS RIDE *******
Im more shocked that you have a wife than the possibility of all of us going to the moon.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
So I have no idea how any of this works. Say I have $500 that I want to buy doge, what am I looking at here?

Ive never bought any crypto before and did it in 5 seconds using Robinhood.

This is all basically gambling but as I said yesterday, this is more about the principle than money for a lot of people.

GME is really poised to go to the moon if you look at my last post (and assuming it’s accurate). There are WAY more buyers than sellers out there - especially with all of this publicity. Wish I would have gotten in around $150 a few days ago. But doesn’t matter, it’s been fun to follow.