2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Our old strength and conditioning coach was his best man, not Tom.
It was said on today's podcast about 2:30 in that Tom was best man. So whether that's true or not will have to see the wedding pictures I guess.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Don’t rule out the S&C coach’s impact on the line. Andrews did an unreal job with our defensive guys but it’s possible his technique limited the ability of our offensive line.
We need a defensive SC coach and an offensive SC coach. I don't know why this is so hard for some of you. :confused:

Edit: @MyNameEhJeff, I didn't think I needed to add this, but here is the...
:jimlad: Uhm, I was just joking. Disagree if to still want.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
You're proving my point that there are several definitions for 'breaking' the story. At least on CF.
CW, Jeremy, Rittenberg, take your pick.
Why does everyone think Rittenberg ‘broke’ the news? He was a day or two behind..

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
It is curious that Scheelhaas was named interim OC. Why would they do that if Campbell was going to hire an OC?
I would suggest EVERYONE listen to today's FART podcast. It was very helpful. Also answers your question.

Reactions: cyputz

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Was Andrews bad at his job? I remember people being excited when he was hired.
We may never know the reasoning. But S&C coach has a unique role of creating a culture and work ethic among players during the off-season. Could be a disconnect there.

There is also the physical development aspect too. Campbell could have seen immediate results with Andrews protocols, but maybe YOY growth tailed off the longer he was here.

Why do people jump from diet to diet? Or periodically seek out a new Personal Trainer, Doctor, etc.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
For S&C, it's mostly important that we criticize the approach of the current guy and get excited about the methods of the new guy, even though we really aren't hearing anything or know much about the process there. That's the key to me.
The new guy is innovative in his approach and really connects with the player. The old guy was stuck in his ways and couldn't relate to today's player. I think I'm on the right track here.
At least a solid 7.5 out of 10. Could have included some pretend knowledge of s/c systems for a bit more and an "I always suspected his approach wouldn't work but didn't want to say anything out of respect to Campbell" for full points and maybe some extra credit.
Pick one of the following:
1) Be brave enough to suck at something new! -Anonymous
2) “Failure is the opportunity to start over again more intelligently.” —Henry Ford
3) “The first step does not take you where you want to go, but it takes you from where you are.” —Unknown

Now we are getting somewhere! :)

I will be here to evaluate all comers.