2022-23 Twister Sisters Season Thread

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
OK...media day has arrived. I'm pulling the trigger and creating the season thread. Had to beat Boxter for once on this one. Watching the Coach Fen presser is so worthwhile! Especially when he compares this team to the 2000 Frese/Welle/Taylor team. Great comments on Soares, Donarski, and Fritz. Let's get this thing going!

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
OK...media day has arrived. I'm pulling the trigger and creating the season thread. Had to beat Boxter for once on this one. Watching the Coach Fen presser is so worthwhile! Especially when he compares this team to the 2000 Frese/Welle/Taylor team. Great comments on Soares, Donarski, and Fritz. Let's get this thing going!
I think you beat him by plenty.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
OK...media day has arrived. I'm puTlling the trigger and creating the season thread. Had to beat Boxter for once on this one. Watching the Coach Fen presser is so worthwhile! Especially when he compares this team to the 2000 Frese/Welle/Taylor team. Great comments on Soares, Donarski, and Fritz. Let's get this thing going!
This team will win the conference if Ashley J's ppg decrease by 2 and her apg increase by at least two.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Poster has been released, which makes sense with games starting tonight.

The five players on the poster are the five seniors, although Kane and Espenmiller-McGraw both have an option to return for one more year:

Three super-seniors:
Joens:
playing season #5 at ISU.
Jordao: playing season #2 at ISU following three seasons at USF -- she played in 12 games her freshman year before a season-ending injury, which was a few games past the cutoff for a medical hardship.
Soares: playing season #1 at ISU following three seasons (plus a medical hardship season) at TMU -- her medical hardship season at TMU was the "free" 2020-21 season, so she doesn't get an extra year beyond that.

Two regular seniors:
Kane:
playing season #4 (plus a redshirt season) at ISU. I would be very happy to have her back, but she might be ready to move on after five seasons at ISU.
Espenmiller-McGraw: playing season #4 at ISU. Given her stress injury issues the past couple years, it feels like she's been cheated out of some of her playing career, so that might be incentive to return. I'd definitely be happy to have her back for an extra season as well.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Poster has been released, which makes sense with games starting tonight.

The five players on the poster are the five seniors, although Kane and Espenmiller-McGraw both have an option to return for one more year:

Three super-seniors:
Joens:
playing season #5 at ISU.
Jordao: playing season #2 at ISU following three seasons at USF -- she played in 12 games her freshman year before a season-ending injury, which was a few games past the cutoff for a medical hardship.
Soares: playing season #1 at ISU following three seasons (plus a medical hardship season) at TMU -- her medical hardship season at TMU was the "free" 2020-21 season, so she doesn't get an extra year beyond that.

Two regular seniors:
Kane:
playing season #4 (plus a redshirt season) at ISU. I would be very happy to have her back, but she might be ready to move on after five seasons at ISU.
Espenmiller-McGraw: playing season #4 at ISU. Given her stress injury issues the past couple years, it feels like she's been cheated out of some of her playing career, so that might be incentive to return. I'd definitely be happy to have her back for an extra season as well.

Kane did an interview with Wide Right a few weeks ago and said she wasn't planning on taking the COVID year. Seemed pretty set in her decision, but who knows if she'll change her mind.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Kane did an interview with Wide Right a few weeks ago and said she wasn't planning on taking the COVID year. Seemed pretty set in her decision, but who knows if she'll change her mind.
I can't blame her for being ready to move on. I don't see her playing at the next level (I could be wrong), so why not graduate and take the next step in your life?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm assuming she's graduating this year. If she decides to go for a grad degree, it likely makes sense to go elsewhere -- that's the usual recommendation for students looking to get a masters. Perhaps she'll go the Wise/Frederick route and play a year elsewhere while doing that.

Reactions: NWICY

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Joens and Kane are only the 2nd and 3rd players in the Fennelly era to be on the roster for 5 years. Nobody's ever done 6.

• Informative
Reactions: GT25Ump and NWICY