2022 ISU NFL rookie prospects

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Rose just had a solid run on one of the bag drills. Daniel Jeremiah noticed it and said it was good seeing him turn quick. He noted earlier he wanted to see if Mike can prove that he can be a guy who can get off and shed blocks.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
  • Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
6'6 316.

This is why I take everything Jeff Woody says with a grain of salt. In the recent cf radio show with Jared, he calls Enyi 6'6 345. Dude has no idea what he's talking about a lot of the time
I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the lack of follow up with these Iowa State players entering the draft from our media guys in general.

I get the NFL isn’t as much their thing. But man, this is a big deal having this many guys enter the league. You’d think they could have some semblance of coverage in regards to these players.

I guess I get that in past years, we’ve had several years where we had next to no one entering the draft. It’s not exactly something they’d be used to having to cover.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have to say I’m a little disappointed in the lack of follow up with these Iowa State players entering the draft from our media guys in general.

I get the NFL isn’t as much their thing. But man, this is a big deal having this many guys enter the league. You’d think they could have some semblance of coverage in regards to these players.

I guess I get that in past years, we’ve had several years where we had next to no one entering the draft. It’s not exactly something they’d be used to having to cover.
Yeah my example is one thing, but Jeff constantly only gets things half right about players still on the roster as well. I just think he talks out of his ass a lot, and Jared is nice enough to let him do it/ not call him out on it enough. Though Jared will call him out if it's a real bad blunder. Wish they had another football analyst. Jeff just doesn't seem to be the most attentive.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Yeah my example is one thing, but Jeff constantly only gets things half right about players still on the roster as well. I just think he talks out of his ass a lot, and Jared is nice enough to let him do it/ not call him out on it enough. Though Jared will call him out if it's a real bad blunder. Wish they had another football analyst. Jeff just doesn't seem to be the most attentive.
Miss Jay Jordan as I'm not a paying member.

I feel what you're describing is part of his appeal. He's mostly where he's at for a few runs vs OSU and being a grindy guy with a somewhat funny personality.

I've probably always taken him with a grain of salt without knowing it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Miss Jay Jordan as I'm not a paying member.

I feel what you're describing is part of his appeal. He's mostly where he's at for a few runs vs OSU and being a grindy guy with a somewhat funny personality.

I've probably always taken him with a grain of salt without knowing it.
Jay was mostly absent this past football season, even on the premium forum

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
6'6 316.

This is why I take everything Jeff Woody says with a grain of salt. In the recent cf radio show with Jared, he calls Enyi 6'6 345. Dude has no idea what he's talking about a lot of the time
He guessed wrong on his weight? Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

Woody definitely embellishes things for dramatic effect at times. I wouldn't say he "has no idea what he's talking about" though.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Enyi also had the highest the vertical leap of any DT earlier.
This and the other drills are far better indicators of explosiveness for a DT. 40 is stupid for a DT. Basically if you are good at it, run it and wow people.

The huge thing Enyi did this past year was dramatically demonstrate versatility. I think he will be a guy working into the rotation next year.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Jordan Davis isn't human. But, if he is, the military needs to figure out how to clone him.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
6'6 316.

345 was probably hyperbole, but NFL combine body weights are usually very different than in-season playing weights (or off-season training for that matter).

I don’t think I would get too upset about it.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

Help Support Us

Become a patron