NBA: 2022 NBA Playoffs

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Curry averaged 31 pts, 6 rebs, 5 asts and 2 stls in the Finals. Not to mention that signature moment with 43 pts in Boston to regain control of the series. Wiggins was outstanding and the Warriors needed his effort otherwise they may not be raising this trophy. But Curry's line is a no-brainer MVP.
He should have at least two. He got robbed in his first Finals.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think it’s called going from the #1 option on a bad team and horribly run organization to being the #2-4 option on a given night on the best run organization in the modern NBA. Wiggins is not all that different, he’s just in a role he’s suited to be in.
He has improved though defensively and on the boards.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I just looked it up. Iggy got the MVP for holding Lebron to 36/13/9 for the series while averaging 8/3/3. Steph was 26/5/6 for the series.
Actually I'm way off, it was 16/6/4. Looking back his defense was really, really good the last 3 games. Still should've been Steph.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Also where was this Wiggins when he was on the Wolves? Lol

I think it’s called going from the #1 option on a bad team and horribly run organization to being the #2-4 option on a given night on the best run organization in the modern NBA. Wiggins is not all that different, he’s just in a role he’s suited to be in.

Wiggins came into the league at, what, a young 19? I think he simply had growing pains transitioning to the NBA, same as most 18-20 year olds through the course of history. He has simply kept getting better. His T-wolves years left quite a bit to be desired, as he wasn't ready to be the #1 or #2 guy on those teams, but we can't forget that he was the #1 ranked recruit coming out out of HS, and then the #1 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. He may just be finally realizing the potential that has always been there.

The Celtics over achieved greatly this year. If they can get a better supporting cast around Brown and Tatum Boston will be near the top the East for the foreseeable future.
I disagree they over achieved. Who in the east is better on paper? There are teams like them that feature multiple 'stars', but the Nets were banged up and had Kyrie issues, the 76ers bought in on the James Harden fools gold, as he is a B-list star at this point, and the Celtics beat the Heat straight up to get to the Finals. I am not convinced they aren't the 2nd best team in the league, as they competed with the Warriors as good, if not better than anyone.

I will admit that I'd have liked to see what the Bucks could have done with a healthy Khris Middleton. I think they could've beaten the Celtics and taken the Warriors to 6 or 7.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Also it can't be left unsaid how huge the return of Gary Payton II to the GS lineup was. His ability on the defensive side was extremely valuable. Rarely do you see kids whose parents were superstars live up to the family name, but Payton II lives up to the Payton family name on defense.
Those 4 fouls in 4 minutes were critical!

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He has improved though defensively and on the boards.
I don't know, he was actually a pretty good defender for Minn, but they were overall a terrible team defensively.

Rebounding - rookie year 4.6 rpg, career 4.4 rpg, this year 4.5 rpg. He's been an OK rebounder. Part of the reason his big back to back rebounding games in the finals were a big deal is because it was unprecedented for him.

Wiggins is a very good player, but other than shooting better from 3, he's not all that different than he was most of his Minnesota career. He was a very good player in Minnesota, it just wasn't the right role for him. People keep talking about how Wiggins accepted his role with the Warriors. That's the type of role he's suited for and wanted to play, and that's why it didn't work in Minnesota. Other than the year when Butler was there, which he happened to put up numbers shockingly similar to this year, he was always needed to be the go-to guy, and it's just not him.

I really like Wiggins, and he's still got plenty of prime left. As a Minnesota fan I always liked him, but it seems clear he's much better being a very good, but not elite scorer that can defend. In the end, the reset was probably best for GS of course, but I think Minnesota as well. Not because Russell is better (he's not), but if Wiggins is in Minnesota I doubt they draft Edwards, who is the lead wing Minnesota desperately needed.