NBA: 2022 NBA Playoffs

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Celtics moved the ball so we’ll early in the playoffs and late in the season. They went stagnant and tried playing hero ball in the finals and it bit them.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Who were the other Warrior Finals MVPs?

I know Andre I. was one.

Durant probably another. Did he have two?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Spacing, movement and having Steph Curry helps quite a bit. A winning culture is infectious too, and he had to buy into that immediately at Golden State. Steph, Klay and Draymond made him up the ante.
Yeah I thought I heard that Draymond pulled him aside and said step it up young man.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I honestly think Wiggins deserved MVP but it will go to Curry.
Curry averaged 31 pts, 6 rebs, 5 asts and 2 stls in the Finals. Not to mention that signature moment with 43 pts in Boston to regain control of the series. Wiggins was outstanding and the Warriors needed his effort otherwise they may not be raising this trophy. But Curry's line is a no-brainer MVP.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also it can't be left unsaid how huge the return of Gary Payton II to the GS lineup was. His ability on the defensive side was extremely valuable. Rarely do you see kids whose parents were superstars live up to the family name, but Payton II lives up to the Payton family name on defense.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Also it can't be left unsaid how huge the return of Gary Payton II to the GS lineup was. His ability of the defensive side was extremely valuable. Rarely do you see kids whose parents were superstars live up to the family name, but Payton II lives up to the Payton family name on defense.
He's the Mitten instead of the Glove

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
I said boston couldn’t straight up beat GSW & it all starts with Steph>Tatum. Barring injuries, we likely see GSW taking on Giannis next year cuz they get everyone back & add Kuminga/Wiseman to the rotation

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Spacing, movement and having Steph Curry helps quite a bit. A winning culture is infectious too, and he had to buy into that immediately at Golden State. Steph, Klay and Draymond made him up the ante.
I think it’s called going from the #1 option on a bad team and horribly run organization to being the #2-4 option on a given night on the best run organization in the modern NBA. Wiggins is not all that different, he’s just in a role he’s suited to be in.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Warrriors just showed they were the better team. Steph was MVP but Wiggins was huge. His defense on Tatum was instrumental in winning.
What a difference a good organization makes .