*** 2023-2024 College Football Survivor Week 1 ***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I know I'm 2 weeks early but pumped to get this contest up and going and since you have to be in at the start no one can say I didn't have time to get in on this. This year Week 1 will include games from Aug. 26 through Sept. 4. There are 6 FBS teams who play 2 games against FBS competition but I think the only one people would pick among those is USC so if you take USC you must specify against San Jose State or Nevada

Tiebreaker points return this year. A reminder regarding tiebreaker points: If your team wins and covers you gain an extra bonus point. If you take a undefeated team who is the underdog you gain the point for them covering plus another bonus point. As the season goes on the number of teams undefeated being a underdog greatly diminish so take advantage while you can.

I will be using ESPN's Lines. Line will be the line at kickoff for tiebreaker points

I also thought this year about a reward for top finisher other than bragging rights. Since this is a contest on Cyclone Fanatic I like the idea of the reward going back to helping ISU athletics. For the top 3 CYCLONE Fan finishers (Hawks fans are as always are welcome to play but this is a contest on a Cyclone fan board) I will donate $50, $25 and $10 to @brentblum and We Will on your behalf. You will just have to pm me with where you want the money to go i.e. general fund or to a specific sport.

Rules/How to Play if you are new:
  1. Pick a team you think will win that weeks game. Pick only 1 team per week.
  2. Don't pm me the pick, post on here your pick.
  3. You can only pick that team ONCE the entire time you are in the game.
  4. The goal is to advance and be the last person standing.
  5. Only games that have a FBS school facing another FBS school are eligible to be picked.
  6. You have up until the start time of the game you picked to switch.
  7. If your team loses, you are out for the competition.
  8. If you skip a week of picks, you are out.
  9. You can switch as many times up until the game you have picked officially starts.
  10. If you have questions, pm me
  11. Post 2 of the thread will have the possible games you can pick.
  12. Post 3 will have each player and their previous week's picks.
  13. You can only pick teams that are undefeated (they will be bolded).
  14. You can't join in during the middle of the season.
    Please include prior weeks picks with your pick for the week.
Have any questions, pm me or ask in the thread. Thanks!

Thanks Rulzzz for getting us going early. I was just starting to think about doing my research for this year's game.

I really like the idea of making a contribution to We Will. What do you think about accepting donations, so we can up the contribution?

Or maybe we have a cash prize for those who contribute. Half of what is collected goes to the winners and the other half goes to We Will.

And the underdog rule for tiebreaker points is excellent.

P.S. We may need a separate thread for discussion about the game that isn't related to weekly picks.

• Agree
Reactions: bracketaday

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Edit original pick would be preferred.

If someone edits their original pick in their original post, how will you know that they have done it?

Seems better to give the replacement pick in a new post.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Thanks Rulzzz for getting us going early. I was just starting to think about doing my research for this year's game.

I really like the idea of making a contribution to We Will. What do you think about accepting donations, so we can up the contribution?

Or maybe we have a cash prize for those who contribute. Half of what is collected goes to the winners and the other half goes to We Will.

And the underdog rule for tiebreaker points is excellent.

P.S. We may need a separate thread for discussion about the game that isn't related to weekly picks.

This has always been a fun game for free I don't want it to devolve to pay to play.

I just thought this was a neat way for winner to get something other than bragging rights.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When you edit a post it's says when it was edited.

Yes, but then you have to look through each post to see whether any have been edited. Whereas if they just put it in a new post, you will certainly see their changes. Seems like it would be less work and more manageable to put changes in new posts. Alas, you are the Survivor Commish, so you can certainly do what you want.

We should call you "Brett Rulzzzmark"

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This has always been a fun game for free I don't want it to devolve to pay to play.

I just thought this was a neat way for winner to get something other than bragging rights.

Good point. We want it to be open to all.