***2023-2024 College MBB Survivor game***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
As expected, Oklahoma went down last night. Houston plays tonight, James Madison tomorrow, and Ole Miss on Saturday.
After that, no one plays until the 30th.

Question for the participants - if a player has teams remaining after this week when everyone else is out of teams, does that player need to pick a team the following week and have that team win in order to win the game?
It's awkward that I'm the one in that position, but I will go whichever way the consensus leans.

All in all, it's been fun putting my tracking of the undefeateds toward an actual goal, and I thank all of you for participating!

Reactions: Ankency

August

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2018
Colorado
As the first player out on the very first day, I am not sure my opinion carries...but to me, last one standing at the end of a week is the winner. They should not have to finish another week. If all remaining players are out in the final week due to no teams available to pick, tie breakers are applied. Thus making the strategy of playing multiple teams to get bonus points versus playing single teams to stay in the game longer, viable.
You put together a good game. I enjoyed keeping an eye on it the past few weeks.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
As expected, Oklahoma went down last night. Houston plays tonight, James Madison tomorrow, and Ole Miss on Saturday.
After that, no one plays until the 30th.

Question for the participants - if a player has teams remaining after this week when everyone else is out of teams, does that player need to pick a team the following week and have that team win in order to win the game?
It's awkward that I'm the one in that position, but I will go whichever way the consensus leans.

All in all, it's been fun putting my tracking of the undefeateds toward an actual goal, and I thank all of you for participating!

If you are the last one to survive and have picks left, you should win, without having to pick again.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Hi, guys! Got busy around here, and I am finally back to close this out. Here is the final list of players in general order of elimination. I have two teams left but everyone else has run out, so that leaves me as the last (wo)man standing. I PROMISE I didn't cheat!

I hope you enjoyed the game. I do plan to put it out there again next year, and I hope you'll come back and bring friends. I do think I will change the scoring to choosing up to 3 teams, and scoring a point for each win they rack up during the week.

1​
August
2​
Coach Hines
3​
Cypwr
4​
NebraskaCy
5​
Tailg8er
6​
riceville98
7​
cyclonesrock
8​
oldman
9​
Cmon
10​
Helser
11​
Nothingman
12​
NWICY
13​
Gergs
14​
Spiker
15​
gipper
16​
Rulzzz
17​
Cyclones500
18​
Cycsk
19​
KC

Thanks again for playing!!!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Hi, guys! Got busy around here, and I am finally back to close this out. Here is the final list of players in general order of elimination. I have two teams left but everyone else has run out, so that leaves me as the last (wo)man standing. I PROMISE I didn't cheat!

I hope you enjoyed the game. I do plan to put it out there again next year, and I hope you'll come back and bring friends. I do think I will change the scoring to choosing up to 3 teams, and scoring a point for each win they rack up during the week.

1​
August
2​
Coach Hines
3​
Cypwr
4​
NebraskaCy
5​
Tailg8er
6​
riceville98
7​
cyclonesrock
8​
oldman
9​
Cmon
10​
Helser
11​
Nothingman
12​
NWICY
13​
Gergs
14​
Spiker
15​
gipper
16​
Rulzzz
17​
Cyclones500
18​
Cycsk
19​
KC

Thanks again for playing!!!

Congratulations, KC! And thank you for organizing.

I agree with revision to the scoring system, as discussed. It's one of those details we might not realize until the first run-thru.

Fun contest, looking forward to next season's version.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron