2023-2024 Recruits & Transfers

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
What’s the hardship? What’s his reasoning for leaving this late
No clue, just saying that a hardship waiver would be the only way he could be eligible next year. I think the other option is if you graduate and enroll in a program at a different school that isn't offered at the one you're currently at (but Jamison would be too young to already be graduating)

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Okay - Just so I'm understanding this thread... Our coaches get a #1 P4P recruit to flip from IA to ISU at a "need to improve" weight at the 11th hour and sign on the dotted line for the Clones and causing hysteria in Iowa City... The net result is the sky is falling because it sounds like we are gaining a crazy wrestler/family who has committed to a couple different colleges and wrestled for a few different HS teams. Oh, and we are also losing Metcalf and DSJ to Iowa because they are going fire the crazy brothers in EIU and hire away our assistants. Am I understanding this correctly?

This sounds a lot better than last months narrative of having coaches who can't recruit and get transfers here. Just like in football... It's better to have others want your coach(es) because if no-one else is going after your coaches then you probably want to get rid of your coach.

Welcome aboard Cody! I'm excited to see you come in and scap for a starting spot. I'm sure Kraisser, Euton and the others are all working hard to take a spot for themselves (assuming Cody is at 157). I think I'll send some more $$ to the CRTC and have a drink to enjoy the chaos happening out east.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Okay - Just so I'm understanding this thread... Our coaches get a #1 P4P recruit to flip from IA to ISU at a "need to improve" weight at the 11th hour and sign on the dotted line for the Clones and causing hysteria in Iowa City... The net result is the sky is falling because it sounds like we are gaining a crazy wrestler/family who has committed to a couple different colleges and wrestled for a few different HS teams. Oh, and we are also losing Metcalf and DSJ to Iowa because they are going fire the crazy brothers in EIU and hire away our assistants. Am I understanding this correctly?

This sounds a lot better than last months narrative of having coaches who can't recruit and get transfers here. Just like in football... It's better to have others want your coach(es) because if no-one else is going after your coaches then you probably want to get rid of your coach.

Welcome aboard Cody! I'm excited to see you come in and scap for a starting spot. I'm sure Kraisser, Euton and the others are all working hard to take a spot for themselves (assuming Cody is at 157). I think I'll send some more $$ to the CRTC and have a drink to enjoy the chaos happening out east.
BOOM

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

If by "this thread" you mean the same couple negative nancies doing what they always do, sure.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I don’t know what you’re understanding. Sounds like you just made up a bunch of stuff no one said.

• Haha
Reactions: CyGold

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If Chittum is big enough to get to 65. If Chittum then needs a year to bulk up, you got Paniro/Casey/Manny? Fun having all these options
My Iowa wrestling source (not a fan, just a guy with connections) told me today it would difficult for Chittum at 65 because of his height. I don’t know one way or the other, I’m just telling you what he said.

He also had some first hand knowledge of the two dickheads reaction to losing Chittum. My smile must of been pretty big because at one point the guy said “you’re enjoying this aren’t you?”

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
My Iowa wrestling source (not a fan, just a guy with connections) told me today it would difficult for Chittum at 65 because of his height. I don’t know one way or the other, I’m just telling you what he said.

He also had some first hand knowledge of the two dickheads reaction to losing Chittum. My smile must of been pretty big because at one point the guy said “you’re enjoying this aren’t you?”
Please share this reaction

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So are we going to be good enough to break Missouri's conference championship fake streak next year?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Anyone who's not excited by CC needs to be punched in the face.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
So are we going to be good enough to break Missouri's conference championship fake streak next year?
Missouri is going to be really good again, so I doubt it.

That’s not to say we won’t be really good because we will be, but they have fewer holes at the moment and more returning AA.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Missouri is going to be really good again, so I doubt it.

That’s not to say we won’t be really good because we will be, but they have fewer holes at the moment and more returning AA.
The dual with them is going to be electric. We should finally get that dual at home right? Looking at their dual line-up (too early, I know) but man that’s going to be CLOSE!

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
The dual with them is going to be electric. We should finally get that dual at home right? Looking at their dual line-up (too early, I know) but man that’s going to be CLOSE!

I’ll trade a dual loss with O’Toole beating Carr for Carr beating O’Toole for the National Title in March.

But obviously want David and ISU winning both.

LeadersWifeLife

Oct 31, 2020
Treynor
We SHOULD get Iowa, Mizzou, UNI and maybe Pitt at home this year. That schedule, along with this potential lineup we could have, should be enough incentive for fans to scoop up 10,000 season tickets??!! Our family will have our 4

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
We SHOULD get Iowa, Mizzou, UNI and maybe Pitt at home this year. That schedule, along with this potential lineup we could have, should be enough incentive for fans to scoop up 10,000 season tickets??!! Our family will have our 4
Glad we were also early to the party, our seats are great!