***2023-24 College Football Thread***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Ok Clones please take care of KU to keep that date with Texas growing even bigger.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think Tom Manning took over play calling for the Purple Kitties on the last set of downs. Wow.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
kstate had 1st and goal from 6 and doesnt use it blazing fast qb? makes zero sense.
I was unimpressed with kstates offensive line. if ewers played i think texas wins by 20.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
kstate had 1st and goal from 6 and doesnt use it blazing fast qb? makes zero sense.
I was unimpressed with kstates offensive line. if ewers played i think texas wins by 20.

The freshman QB may have been knocked out. I took a really hard hit on a QB run and then never came back in.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
I think it makes sense to go for the win there if you are a big road dog against a superior team. The longer the game drags out, the more likely you are to lose.

However, K State was the better team for the final 15 minutes of that game, and the Texas offense was doing nothing. K State should have kicked the field goal to extend the game because the odds favored them in a lengthy, multiple overtime game. Much better odds than winning on 4th and goal from the 4.

On top of that, the playbook shrinks quite a bit from the 4 yard line. Running plays are probably out, so the defense knows what to expect. Overall, it just doesn't make sense to let Texas win that game with a 42 yard OT field goal.

The x factor might have been a lack of faith in the field goal unit.

H

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Seems we should be rooting for the Sooners.
Win out we're in no matter what.
Lose one and we'd rather be tied with OSU.
But if it’s head to head vs OSU, ISU would have the tie breaker