***2023-24 College Football Thread***

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I was worried about Michigan getting outplayed on the lines just from a physical perspective but feeling way more confident now. This bama is not like previous bama squads. The death star is not operational

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was worried about Michigan getting outplayed on the lines just from a physical perspective but feeling way more confident now. This bama is not like previous bama squads. The death star is not operational

Something has to be going on beyond just the physical talent of the lines with how Michigan is getting a sack or almost sack every pass play. I know they are good but I've seen lots of games this year where Michigan didn't get pressure to that crazy degree against lesser opponents.

Will be curious if they can change anything at half.

• Agree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

ISUinOR

Nov 8, 2007
Portland, OR
I also love how the ESPN networks are all 100% dedicated to one game.

Nothing to even skip to on other channels. Well, maybe bowling?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You do have to be impressed with how competitive MI has been with OSU and today with how much lower their recruiting rankings usually are. I’ve never understood why MI can’t recruit better and more consistently - especially at QB and WR given their prestige, fan base, resources, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watch his postgame. Kirk almost breaks down on one the Deacon questions.

Not giving the other QBs a chance has to be one of the most irrational examples of stubbornness you'll ever see. With Deacon I always go back to the question of if he's even having to run laps or exercise with the rest of the team, how can he possibly be that out of shape as a D1 player?

• Agree

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I also love how the ESPN networks are all 100% dedicated to one game.

Nothing to even skip to on other channels. Well, maybe bowling?
I’m waiting for when they add another view to the current 22 options - view from the porta potties.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
You do have to be impressed with how competitive MI has been with OSU and today with how much lower their recruiting rankings usually are. I’ve never understood why MI can’t recruit better and more consistently - especially at QB and WR given their prestige, fan base, resources, etc.
Academics mostly. Worthy, Texas’s star WR was committed to Michigan but admissions wouldn’t let him in, happens often. Even with transfers Caleb love couldn’t get in for basketball so went to Arizona, same for Shannon although that was a blessing in the long run

Reactions: RezClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Academics mostly. Worthy, Texas’s star WR was committed to Michigan but admissions wouldn’t let him in, happens often. Even with transfers Caleb love couldn’t get in for basketball so went to Arizona, same for Shannon although that was a blessing in the long run
Yeah, I know that always ends up being the reason - I’m just surprised they haven’t “fixed” that.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
You shouldnt have been worried. I don't know who will win, but Michigan is just as good if not better than Alabama. They were definitely better prepared for the first half. FWIW, I went to the Citrus Bowl a few years ago and was super impressed with Michigan who went head to toe with Alabama for 3 quarters before Najee Harris took over in the 4th because Michigan brought a FG kicker to a TD game for the first 3 quarters. Point is, Michigan is every bit as good (if not better) than Alabama, and the only difference will be lucky things in the 2nd half. I hope Alabama wins, but if Michigan wins, it will not shock me. Either way, I hope the winner of this game wins the CFP Championship!

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Something has to be going on beyond just the physical talent of the lines with how Michigan is getting a sack or almost sack every pass play. I know they are good but I've seen lots of games this year where Michigan didn't get pressure to that crazy degree against lesser opponents.

Will be curious if they can change anything at half.
Almost like they know what Bama is going to do before they do it? But how? They would have to do something like steal signs to do that.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Anybody here actually buy an X-Chair? NO interest here, but nothing sounds like an overpriced POS like “order today and get $500 of free upgrades” on a chair.